“Honeymoon heaven!!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon heaven!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I have a short attention span so I'll keep this short and sweet .....

Casa Del Mar is a fabulous hotel, the staff are incredibly attentive, the beaches are stunning and the food truly scrumptious!!

You will thoroughly enjoy your Langkawi experience by choosing to stay at Casa Del Mar

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlyFullam
TomBlachere, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Charly,

Thank you for your great and touching review!
Hope you had a safe trip back home.
Wishing you plenty of love.

Tom Blachere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at Casa Del Mar, last month, for 2 nights. The Suite was beautiful, we were in a beautiful position, facing the sea and the pool. The Spa attendant - Carina was excellent, we tryed an aromathic massage and a facial treatment. Excellent.
The Front desk staff were not "ready" to give suggestions on what to do in Langkawi. No Concierge service.
The food at the Restaurant was really good. The only thing I can say is that the Restaurant service was very slow, and the attitude of the Staff was not so nice and smiling.
The final comment I can report is that the prices rooms for this Resort are too expensive for the service received. It not responds to my expectations.

Room Tip: Beachfront Suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank melanyc84
Dear Melany,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at Casa del Mar.
Feedback is always greatly appreciated and helps us to constantly strive to improve our services.
I am glad we have met your expectations and disappointed we have not been able to surprise you.

Rest assured I have taken note of the shortcoming and comments and I am personally looking into them with the departments concerned and all efforts will be placed in rectifying our shortfalls.

I very much regret the inconvenience you experienced and sincerely hope that this rather isolated incident did not mar your overall opinion of the hotel and that it will not deter you from returning and staying with us on your future visits.

Please do email me at tom.blachere@casadelmar-langkawi.com should you decide to give us another opportunity to make it up to you and I will definitely ensure that you will have a memorable and enchanting experience.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 February 2014

One of the best resorts in Langkawi. Small hotel with great personalised service (special props to the GM, Tom!!) and beautiful rooms with a great view. One of the best stretches of beach on Cenang. Close to shops and the airport. Love hanging out at the bar in the evening and the dinner on the beach was totally amazing. Love the little touch of putting your reservation name on a little frangipani leave! Will be back for sure with the wife!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ctl_alan
Dear Alan,

I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and I believe we will see you again soon.
Trust all your comments and words of encouragement will be shared with the rest of us.

My team and I look forward the chance to welcoming you back to your Home by the Sea!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have lost count how many times we stayed at Casa del Mar, Just like other Casa del Mar veterans we are member of the Fish Club. Members of the Casa del Mar Fish Club have stayed more than a certain number of nights there; if I recollect correctly the number is 35 nights. Why are there so many returning guests at Casa del Mar? The reason is simple: All 5 point reviews are true. This beach hotel is an oasis of quietness where you can relax and listen to the surf and the birds. The rooms are nice and cosy; the staff is superb. I said all this in previous reviews; Casa del Mar is a shining star and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel manager Tom with his lieutenants Fauzi and Robert do a splendid job. We really have a coming home feeling when driving up to the hotel entrance in the transport from the airport. However, during this stay I am reviewing now I could not help noticing that some clouds are gathering above Casa del Mar, threatening the quiet paradise, what Casa del Mar is. And I am afraid that there is not much the management can do about this. The first cloud is the growing amount of budget hotels along Pantai Cenang. The guests of these hotels, with limited of no beach facilities tend to come to the north part of Pantai Cenang, where Casa del Mar is situated. They are probably attracted by the clean beach, which is maintained by Casa del Mar. Some years ago, the beach at Casa del Mar was very quiet, but this time there were many tourists, deploying their towels very close to the Casa del Mar sun beds, even encroaching on the hotel facilities. (See pictures). As Malaysian beach is always public, there is no real hotel owned beach, so there is not much to be done about this phenomenon. The second cloud is the nuisance, caused by external operators. This time there was a green and white boat, with a para sailing operation, of coarse moored in front of Casa del Mar. This boat is equipped with a very powerful sound installation; from time to time terrible disco noise (I refuse to call this music) would be blasting over the beach, disturbing everybody. Finally I want to remark about some guests I encountered. Here I have to step carefully, because every guest has his own perception of a good time, but during my previous visits I encountered many Fish Club members, which were also looking for quietness and were very considerate for the fellow guests, to be expected at Casa del Mar. This time some guests I encountered were less considerate than I could wish at a small hotel like Casa del Mar; sometimes it gave me the feeling of mass tourism. But having said all this, the stay at Casa del Mar was generally very rewarding and we have booked again for next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hendrik_NL
Dear Hendrik,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post your long and kind review. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time again!
In regards to the clouds you mentioned, please understand you visited your home by the sea during a very unique moment in Asia; The Chinese New Year. The whole Asia stops to work to go on holiday. It is a particular period of the year where Langkawi sees many more tourists than any other time during the year. If you were with us now (which is still the peak season) you would notice there are much fewer people on the stretch of beach.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor and we are all looking forward to welcoming you next year again!

London
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Beach front chalet, good breakfast with lovely French toast. Evening meal was also enjoyable on the beach. Beach was clean and not too busy. Located close to many restaurants, shops and launderettes. If you have a spare 20 mins you can cross the road and visit the rice museum (free of cbarge). On a Tuesday evening they do free welcome drinks around 6pm where a rep from the local eco travel company will come and explain some of the excursions they have to offer. We didn't do any of them and didn't feel pressurised in taking any, but it was interesting to hear of the local wildlife etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review.

Thanks for staying with us and it was lovely to read that you had such relaxing time. It is so good doing nothing sometimes during holiday!!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you again sometime in the future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have celebrated my 1st anniversary here few days ago with my beloved husband and the service was excellent! the view is superb and the food is delicious! Before came, I have made reservation earlier and liaise with the manager and I have check if they can provide halal food for our dinner since we are Muslim. He has confirmed that they did not serve pork, did not include wain / alcohol in their cooking and their ensure their food is Halal. Best part is they do accept special request such as a slice a cake with happy 1st anniversary wish in our plate! The staff is so friendly and treat us like a VVIP! I do remember the staff name is Halim. My hubby was so happy and the moment is so sweet and overall I'm happy because the plan is success! we had a fabulous candle light dinner with sea view and perfect sunset.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rjuesd
Dears guests,

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary and we hope there are many more to come!
Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at Casa del Mar La Sal restaurant. We are delighted we made this evening a memorable one and even more pleased as you are Malaysians.

Terima Kasih and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again home!

Sydney
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a 3 and a half star hotel. I was somewhat disappointed when I arrived at the airport and the complimentary pickup was late. However my disappointment continued when we arrived at the small reception/ library which was cluttered with bags and old furniture. Our Junior suite was on the first floor, entry on road side, via a very narrow and dirty stair well. Again for the price we paid, the room was the biggest disappointment. The furniture old, balcony dirty with a rickety screen and railings that need painting. Each day fraying beach towels were piled outside the room balancing on the stairwell railing. We had 3 guests in our room, one having to sleep on a very uncomfortable fold out lounge. Wifi access is poor and the login process very complicated. We had four devices with four different passwords that required to be reentered all the time. In the evenings it just didn't work.
I have now read in other reviews about mist sprays and beach bags... Not in our junior suite..make sure all treats are include with your room. If considering this hotel do not stay in the junior suite. The beach front rooms look nicer.

On the other hand the service at the hotel is lovely. All staff try hard to make your stay enjoyable. The dinner at the beach restaurant is outstanding. Food is of a high standard and the wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. The pool is pleasant and the sunbeds nice with adequate shade. The bar staff make great cocktails and give you complimentary treats of fruit skewers and frozen fruit. Iced water is also provided. Great if you can tolerate the old, scratched plastic tumblers you are given.. Really they are not too expensive to replace. Also the water feature near the breakfast/ bar area needs a good clean up. It is very dirty and after six nights at the hotel I didn't see anyone clean or maintain this area.
The beach location is great. We had a lovely time exploring the nearby beach restaurants and watching the busy beach crowds. There are a variety of shops along the Main Street in front of the hotel. Taxis are cheap and easily available on the road outside the hotel. Don't get the hotel to arrange a taxi as they will charge double to arrange a pickup.
We went on a few tours.. Rampant sailing, Devs kayaking..both excellent and well worth it. We also went to on the evening walk, arranged by the hotel. To our surprise we were taken to the Berjaya to walk around their resort! We saw lots of night animals.. Lemurs, mircrobats, large geckoes and a variety of birds.
The beauty of Langkawi as a destination lies in the rainforest areas. I highly recommend you stay in a hotel that reflects this aspect of the island.

Room Tip: Stay in the beachside rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank b0nditraveller
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback following your recent stay at Casa del Mar.

Having said so I would like to clarify with you and our readers:

Junior suites are located upstairs and the access is from the road side although not from the road, there is aisle separated from the street with a garden and a wall from the sidewalk.

If the pool and sun lounge fitted towels are left in front of the door it is because either the room is having its “Do not disturb sign” or when the laundry comes back to us too late to disturb our guests (which was the case during Chinese New Year week unfortunately). We have overcome this issue and maintenance related ones since this review was posted.

WiFi Internet access has been simplified with one simple common login for all your devices.

I personally tell our guests to come and see us immediately should anything goes wrong or should anything can be done to make one’s stay more comfortable. As most people do we also have a limited number of holiday throughout the year and understand how important it is to have a good time off! In addition a chance is given to us to make it up to you!

Rest assured I have taken note of all your comments and all efforts are placed in rectifying our shortfalls.

I very much regret the inconvenience you experienced and sincerely hope it did not mar your overall opinion of the hotel and that it will not deter you from returning and staying with us on your future visits.

Best wishes and regards
Tanjung Rhu Resort
Tanjung Rhu Resort
#8 of 104 in Langkawi
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia

Been to Casa del Mar, Langkawi? Share your experiences!