“Very relaxing place....”

Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I loved that resort a lot, i enjoyed my stay and needed to extend more.
they have amazing breakfast, you do not want to miss it :)

it would be better if the management could find something to do regarding the shells which are covering all the beach ..... i like the clean and clear beaches.

Room Tip: beach front room is good "Camar"
1  Thank Mostafa N
GM-PatrickNg, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Mostafa N,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your comments in regards to the seashell by the beach. It is a public beach,and our hotel provide clean-up at the beaches infront of us on monthly basis as part of our initiative.

Once again, thank you for your patronage.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,462)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Langkawi was the second stop for our honeymoon and after reading many good reviews we booked a room at Casa Del Mar. I hate writing negative reviews but I am just doing this because we were really disappointed with the service received. I work with marketing and in my opinion service is what makes all the difference in any experience. Unfortunately our experience there was not good, but just to be fair, I will also write the pros:
1- Check in: since they knew it was our honeymoon, they gave me roses and a small box of chocolate (really good!).
2- Room (junior suite): our room was huge and beautiful.

Cons:
1- Food: we had dinner at the hotel one night and the food was "ok". We ended up having dinner at other hotels on other nights (Four Seasons and The Danna). Also, we ordered food by the pool twice, or French fries were cold and in another occasion, I ordered pasta with seafood and they put black pepper on it even thought I mentioned I was allergic. To finalize, my breakfast orders would always have something missing or something different from what i had ordered. This is not a big deal, but overall I just felt lack of attention to details.
2- Service: this is what we were most disappointed at. Since we were in our honeymoon we were really into doing romantic things and spending time together. We asked the front desk recepcionist for advise on what to do. We wanted to do the private castaway picnic but unfortunately it was not available due to high tides. My husband likes to dive and we were advised to book a scuba diving/snorkeling day trip. Since I don't dive we specifically asked if we would be together most of the trip and we were told we would only be apart at the time he would go diving. Ok, so we booked the trip to Pulau Payar and unlikely what they told us we were separated for most of the time. They told me
I couldnt stay on the boat with my husband because I was not going for scuba diving. I had to stay at the beach by myself for almost 4 hours. I was the only person at the group who was not going scuba diving so I was there by myself the whole time. I was feeling sea sick and wanted to eat something but unfortunately the only food option was spicy (which I am allergic to). After his first diving, my husband met me and since I was feeling seasick we asked if it would be possible to rent a private boat and go back. They said it was not possible so I had to stay there for 2-3 hours hungry and feeling sick. We didn't enjoy the trip, we thought it would be a romantic experience but it was quite the opposite. We reported the experience to the hotel and they really didn't care about it. They said they are not responsible for operating this (the name of the tour operator is East Marine), so they couldn't do anything about it. Well, if they sell the tours at the hotel (at a premium price by the way, if you buy outside of the hotel is cheaper), shouldn't they have some type of responsibility? Also, we asked for recommendations for a romantic tour and really, was this tour their best shot? I am surprised! This is not ok in my book of good service!
3- Overall: the only thing worth in this hotel is the room, it was really nice. Other than this, the beach is just beautiful (but not "paradise" beautiful like Thailand), restaurants around the hotel are not so nice and the lack of attention from the staff is disappointing. Usually, when we travel, we stay away from big resorts because we don't like to be isolated from the local culture and the service is not as good as in boutique/ smaller hotels. Maybe we had high expectations because it was our honeymoon and we read many good reviews, but unfortunately we were very disappointed. After 3 days receiving poor service we tried to cancel our remaining reservation and since it was not possible we decided to leave anyway. We took a ferry to Koh Lipe/ Thailand and we had the best time there, even staying at a much simpler hotel. If you are checking places to go for your honeymoon, definitely check Koh Lipe out, it's a real paradise! We got back to Casa del Mar just to take our luggage and go to the airport.

Once again, I feel bad to write negative reviews but we were really disappointed. We traveled to many places for our honeymoon and this was the only place we were let down.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank livcl
GM-PatrickNg, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Livcl,

With first instance, we thank you for reviews and literally, we are as disappointed as you are. Please accept our apologies as you'll understand these are not our trend nor standards at all.

In regards to your negative encounters with outsource tour operator, we had relayed all the information given to us about the scuba & snorkeling trip to you, prior to your confirmation but yet, it did not meet your expectation. We are much regret that both of you didn't enjoy the trip, and thus, affected your overall stay experiences with us. Once again, our apologies on this matter,

On a positive note, we are glad to receive high score on the rooms and cleanliness category from you. We'll understand if you do not wish to come back, however should you have the opportunity to visit us again, please be so kind to to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the warm welcome to the sad farewell and everything in between.....simply outstanding
Close proximity to all attractions including a 10 min drive to and from the airport. Excellent personalised service......and the beach!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gnj08

Dear gnj08,

Thank you for your short and great reviews of our lil home! We are heartened to receive compliments from you and we hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

With our best regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well where do we start...This was our first visit to Langkawi and we arrived on 3rd May. We chose Casa del Mar because of its glowing reviews and the location of Pantai Cenang, which has plenty of life but is not too big. We were not disappointed, we booked a Beachfront Studio Suite for 2 weeks (wanting to be able to walk straight on to the beach) and we were given Arco Iris, which is literally a few steps from the beach and the wonderful sun beds where we spent a great deal of time. This hotel is nice and small so the service is impeccable and the Staff make you feel so welcome, nothing is too much trouble and always with a smile. The restaurant, food & service is simply first class and we ate there on a number of occasions but also ventured in to Pantai Cenang where you can easily walk from the hotel. The breakfast is cooked to order and the breads, croissants/chocolate croissants are all freshly baked in the hotel and are really good! The bar Staff make some great cocktails and bring them out to your sun bed if you require it, all part of the service!

We hired a car for a couple of days and toured the island and visited a number of other hotels that we had looked at prior to booking and although these were all very nice they did not have the personal and friendly feel that Casa has and we were so pleased that we had decided to stay here.

We also went on the Mangrove Kayak Tour, which is booked via the Casa Reception through Dev's Adventure Tours and this was fantastic, Khirien the guide was very knowledgeable and amusing and it was a great experience.

The rooms are very spacious, well equipped and clean the towels are huge both bath and sun lounger, where you get 4 fresh towels daily to sunbathe on and dry yourself with. You cannot hear any noise from your neighbours and the sleep quality is excellent (huge comfortable bed)! The swimming pool is lovely and a nice way to cool down although the Staff bring out ice cold water, fruit, ice lollies and cold towels, which are a God send.

All in all we would like to thank the wonderful Staff for making our holiday so special although Langkawi is a magical island that takes your breath away, Casa is a wonderful Hotel and the place to stay on this beautiful Island.

Room Tip: Arco Iris, if you want to be right next to the beach and your sun bed.
2  Thank Discovery003
GM-PatrickNg, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Discovery003,

Your reviews and encounters of your stay in our Hotel are just awesome! And from all of us, a big heartfelt thank you! We are truly delighted that both of you enjoyed your stay with us, and your given highest recommendation to us are much appreciated.

Once again, thank you and our very best wishes to both of you in return,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed for 7 days in May. The hotel is in the right location on the beach at the northern end of the resort. Your room will be feet from the beach or pool and because of its popularity has a good atmosphere, many of the other hotels looked deserted.

The rooms are good but we felt the bathroom was a little tired looking.

Pool area is pleasant and the sun beds first class.

The star was the restaurant, which delivers very good food all day long.

I felt some of the restaurant/bar staff were good, but others struggled to work as a team and we had to chase them once or twice too many times. The reception staff were consistently excellent.

I would recommend this hotel, but the resort lacked a variety of good eateries and almost no night life, so probably more suited for romantic quiet breaks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-PatrickNg, General Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear watpar,

Thank you for your recent patronage of our Hotel. Your reviews and recommendation is much appreciated from all of us. We have taken notes of your other comments, and we'll strive to further improve and upkeep our standard.

Once again, thank you and with our best regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my wife were very pleased with this destination, The hotel is immaculate! This is for the honeymooners.. From the staff to the hotel itself is excellent and 5/5 star. The moment they open the door for you expect the cold mint towel on your face and refreshments. Lots of activities and nice restaurants, check out Mumbai palace - Indian, They have free wi-fi and do lovely authentic Indian dishes. The staff are in there are very helpful and the hotel manager is very approachable. There isn't much i can say apart from experience it for yourself as for me and my wife we had a amazing time staying at the seaview suit room which was spacious! Those of you who are planning to go Langkawi definately choose this hotel, you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Sea view suit! Bamboo
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nazir a,

We are truly glad and thank you for chosen our Hotel to spend your special occasion of honeymoon with us. We are delighted to receive highest recommendation from both of you, and we hope both of you will come back and spend your future anniversary with us too...

Reviewed 22 May 2014

First of all, I would like to thank Robert, Adam, Patrick and their wonderful staff for making our wedding so enjoyable and memorable. We just don't know how to thank you enough.

We got married at CDM on 7 May and stayed there for 6 nights. From the moment we stepped in and until we stepped out of CDM we got the best service. When we arrived at CDM we were greeted with cold towels and beautiful refreshing drink. Staff were so welcoming and I really liked how they took us around the resort and made sure we are aware of all the facilities within the room and resort.

Food and cocktails are amazing and we couldn't fault it. Room was extremely clean and loved how they had looked into small little things like music player, coffee, tea, peanuts, cookies, fruits. Their shampoo, conditioner and soap is wonderful. We also had our massages and facial done at Satkara Spa and we loved it. Staff at Satkara Spa were lovely, I would definitely recommend trying them out.

We spent most of our time lying on sunbeds. Staff came around with jugs of lemon scented cold water, popsicles and fruit. We loved the variety they offered for breakfast and most important of all their warm breakfast was freshly made to cater to individual requirement.
CDM made us feel like we were at home. Its a beautiful boutique hotel.

Coming to our wedding day, Robert drove our family to Kuah where we had to register our marriage even though our families did not stay at CDM. Loved how our wedding area was setup including flower combinations. Photographer and videographer were both extremely nice and friendly. Naseera who did my make up and hair did a perfect job. I just could not fault it. Our wedding cake was beautiful decorated and La Luna meal was cooked to perfection. Robert surprised us with sky lanterns towards the end of our wedding night which was just beautiful. Our family members just cannot stop talking about food, staff and in particular Robert.

We have been back for just over a week from Singapore and we are still missing CDM.
We would highly recommend CDM for anyone who is looking at getting married in Langkawi or who is after a relaxing holiday. Thanks again Robert and Patrick. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Shruthi C

Dear Shruthi,

We are truly glad and delighted as well, to be given the chance to arrange your auspicious wedding ceremony here with us! Your kinds words, compliments and recommendation of our Hotel is truly appreciated in which I'm proudly share with our team here at Casa del Mar, Langkawi. From all of us, we wish both of you the best, and your love towards each other will last till end of time! We hope we will see both of you again next year .. or sooner!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Cenang
Tanjung Rhu Resort
#9 of 107 in Langkawi
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Been to Casa del Mar, Langkawi? Share your experiences!