We stayed in January 2014 for a wonderful 8 nights in a seaview deluxe suite. These are beautiful rooms and the hotel has a real boutique and relaxed feel to it, with a pool just behind the beach. We rarely return to the same place, but we were so taken by the location and the tranquility (which our children enjoyed as much as we did - we are lucky that they are very well behaved and used to staying in nice places where they have to behave well and with consideration for others) that we decided to book again for February 2015. Sadly I just received a response from management when booking to say that children are no longer accepted below the age of 12. Beware unsuspecting bookers for next year as their website does not preclude you from booking with children, but this appears to be a no exceptions policy even for returning guests - what a shame.
Only criticism from our stay last year was that the dinner service was unbelievably slow - worst was over 3 hours for a 3 course meal. Lots of staff but very poorly organised and chaotic. Waiting over 1.5 hours between courses is really bad. Food however, was very good, but let down by service (cold or tepid at times and had clearly been sitting waiting to be delivered for some time - you have to feel sorry for the chef!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang