The booking agent said we would love the hotel, but he did not try to influence our decision. Hence on to TripAdvisor before making the booking. On our rerturn from Casa del Mar two days ago, I felt I must write this review.
Everything about it was first class, from the rooms right through to the service, view, quality of food and the friendliness of the staff. I have been fortunate in my life to have eaten in many top London hotels and if you are celebrating a special occasion, this hotel is for you! the Australian fillet steak was better than the Dorchester!
My thanks to Jason Cruise the General Manager who balances that fine line between giving clients space to relax, but also noticing when service needs to arrive immediately. Him, his wife Victoria and all his staff should be complimented on their first class hotel and their dedication to ensure it remains that way.
My wife's only complaint was that we had to leave too early as 4 nights was not enough in this wonderful environment. We met a couple in their mid twenties on honeymoon, a couple of early thirty year olds from Australia and a couple from Scotland in their mid 50's. My wife is 56 and I am 61, but it was amazing how we all got on so well thus confirming that age - young or old - is no barrier to enjoyment. The key to that enjoyment was the Casa del Mar and its staff. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang