Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
D'Warung Motel(Pantai Cenang)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Pondok Muara Chalet(Pantai Cenang)
  • Free Internet
Grand Beach Motel(Pantai Cenang)
Sweet Inn(Langkawi)
View Hotel
Melati Tanjung Motel(Pantai Cenang)
Malibest Resort(Langkawi)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
2,523 results
All reviewslittle touchescastaway picniccold towelsdinner on the beachice lolliesour honeymoonfruit kebabsturn down servicescented bookmarkssmall hotelboutique hotelmelonweather forecastbeach towelscoffee machinebeach frontmango
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2009

Brilliant stay.Jason and team have struck the right note in creating a chilled but top quality experience. Great setting,food and accomodation.......absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dwhite2006
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We stayed at Casa del Mar for 4 nights from 3 to 7 January and had bungalow no. 102 by the beach with twin beds.
The room was very nice and comfortable, good beds, safety box, very clean and at the entrance of our room there was a big clay pot with a ladle and full of water where you could clean your feet from sand before you entered your room. We had a nice view of the beach as we were facing the sea.
The beach was really nice and relaxing (no people trying to sell things to you on the beach), the sea was good for swimming although there were some little jelly fish that just tickle you once in a while. While lounging at the beach, you get water jugs, watermelon and hot towels to refresh yourself.
The Spa at the hotel is very professional and affordable. The massage lady who did the massage for me came from Thailand and was trained at the Wat Pho massage school, which is very good.
The breakfast was very good, fruits, juices, American, Continental or Malaysian types of breakfast available. Everyday you must read the blackboard at the breakfast room to see what is the special breakfast served that morning.
They have a nice bar and restaurant facing the sea and it is very popular with the guests at the hotel.
The hotel is very well located close to restaurants and massages places. The main street pavement has many holes which are covered but are not easy seen at night time as there is not much light but fortunately they are fixing the road and pavements and hopefully they will close those sewerage holes.
I met Victoria by the beach one afternoon and she was really nice and helpful with information about places to eat, etc.
We were also invited to a cocktail at the bar one afternoon to meet other guests but unfortunately we could not go.
I strongly recommend this hotel to chill out on the beach. I noticed most of the guests while we were there were matured couples so it was very pleasant, no noisy teenagers or kids, and the music of the bar is just right, good background music and not too loud.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank CecilHorus
Reviewed 6 February 2009

we went to CDM in July 2008. That was our last destination during our 2 week trip. to me, it was without a doubt, the perfect ending to our honeymoon. The attention to detail was great. the view out of room was fantastic. We loved the location coz we has easy access to everything. The staff couldn't do enough for you. On the day of our departure, i was covered in mosquito bites. Arfa, the lady at reception, was a godsend. She got me some form of cream to relieve the pain. All the staff were fantastic!! would love to go back again!

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank jeshma
Reviewed 5 February 2009

The booking agent said we would love the hotel, but he did not try to influence our decision. Hence on to TripAdvisor before making the booking. On our rerturn from Casa del Mar two days ago, I felt I must write this review.
Everything about it was first class, from the rooms right through to the service, view, quality of food and the friendliness of the staff. I have been fortunate in my life to have eaten in many top London hotels and if you are celebrating a special occasion, this hotel is for you! the Australian fillet steak was better than the Dorchester!
My thanks to Jason Cruise the General Manager who balances that fine line between giving clients space to relax, but also noticing when service needs to arrive immediately. Him, his wife Victoria and all his staff should be complimented on their first class hotel and their dedication to ensure it remains that way.

My wife's only complaint was that we had to leave too early as 4 nights was not enough in this wonderful environment. We met a couple in their mid twenties on honeymoon, a couple of early thirty year olds from Australia and a couple from Scotland in their mid 50's. My wife is 56 and I am 61, but it was amazing how we all got on so well thus confirming that age - young or old - is no barrier to enjoyment. The key to that enjoyment was the Casa del Mar and its staff. We will return!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillericayGoldie
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I booked this hotel based purely on the Tripadvisor reviews so thanks to everybody who has contributed as this is the most amazing place I have ever stayed. Hopefully I can do the same for others. I thought I knew what to expect but they keep on coming with the extras.

We booked a 10 night holiday package from 27th December in a junior suite. If you decide to book a suite, be prepared to be shocked by how spacious it is. I even lost my boyfriend several times as I had no idea where he was!! You can draw the curtains back, open the sliding doors to the balcony, lie back on the four poster bed and just take in the amazing views and sounds.

The bathroom is huge and probably bigger than some rooms we've stayed in. It has his and hers sink, a deep bath and separate shower cubicle. The toilet is "hidden" behind the shower wall so you can at least get a bit of privacy!

The other balcony, yes, you get two, has a comfortable hammock. If the heat is too much, then you can slouch back on the two couches in the living room or the third couch (!) outside the bathroom.

The pool is small but adequate considering there are only 32 rooms. It was immaculate and never found a leaf or even a bug in there. If the pool isn't for you, then the beach is just literally a stone throw away and the hotel even combs their patch of the beach daily. As the hotel is near the tip of Cenang beach, it's fairly quiet as there aren't many hotels / restaurants nearby.

I noticed after the first couple of days that guests seemed to know each other but that is probably thanks to the managers drinks invitation on a Tuesday night. Thanks to that, we met couples who we will continue to keep in touch with. This was a great ice breaker and led to an amazing New Years Eve celebration with other guests and the wonderful staff.

Yes, you get a lot of special touches - daily weather reports along with scented bookmarks to entice you to the spa (it worked) but we had to chuckle at the extra special touch on New Years Eve. A big bottle of Evian mineral water and a tube of vitamins for the next day!

Four moonlit dinners were included in our package and we decided to start and end our holiday with one each. Be prepared to sink your teeth into a fabulous three course meal served as you might find in a top restaurant.

Having walked up and down Cenang (street and beach), I really felt we had picked the best hotel on the stretch. We stayed in three other hotels during our 3 week holiday in Malaysia and Thailand which were all number 1 in the Tripadvisor ratings for their area but CDM was really something else.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple