My husband and I spent 6 days of our honeymoon at the Casa. We were originally given a room at the end of the resort next door to a beer garden but when we asked to be moved we were given another room immediately. The resort is unique. It is not your usual 5 star mega resort and is distinguished by its magic location right on the beach at Cenang and more importantly, by the personal touches and attention of its staff. These include minted cold towels, fresh watermelon and jugs of iced water when relaxing by the pool or on the beach, scented weather reports on your pillow and aromatherapy candles in the room in the evenings, and fresh fruit delivered to the room every morning. Breakfast is both buffet and a la carte and is of high quality. Even better it is served until 11am so there is no need to miss it in favour of a sleep in.
The Casa has a Spa with an extensive menu of massages and treatments and all just a few steps away. The gym is also well appointed and there is a library where you can relax every evening to the wonderful sounds of the resident pianist. DVDs and books are plentiful.
While the restaurant at the Casa is wonderful, there are literally scores of good eating places nearby. We loved the Putamayo and the Orchid Ria. We also enjoyed the buffet at the Westin in Kuah. Transport was also easy as we hired a scooter for 35 ringgit for 24 hours at the nearby Tourist Shoppe and a fully insured car for 150 ringgit per day from the hotel. We paid a bit more than we would have paid from a street dealer but the car was delivered and collected from the hotel and so the convenience and peace of mind was worth the extra few dollars.
The only 2 things we would change at the Casa would be to add a pillow menu (we found the pillows a little uncomfortable) and introduce a free shuttle service to Kuah.
We checked out many of the other comparable resorts while we were on Langkawi and would not choose to stay at any of them over the Casa. Having said that, it is not a place for families. If you are travelling with children, you'd be much better off staying at the Pelangi Beach resort next door. The Westin was also nice but in located in Kuah rather than at Cenang Beach.
Thanks to Jason and staff for a magical time at the Casa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang