My (now husband) and I travel alot but up until recently we have never bothered reviewing (even though we heavily rely on Trip Advisor for our own travels). When we were booking our honeymoon, having travelled to Casa del Mar multiple times previously, we felt we had to build it into part of our honeymoon (also taking in new places) because we love it so much. We decided that it really was about time that we sign up and write a review about this wonderful place, that we always return to.
All the previous posters are correct about how special CDM is (which is why CDM has such a high number of return guests). What makes CDM special is that you have all the luxury you could possibly want (glorious scenery and views to make for a romantic dinner setting, cold towels, ice pops at beach, water melon, great cocktails, gorgeous breakfasts, fabulous staff etc) but you don't have the isolated luxury of higher end hotels such as the Datai. Whilst the staff at CDM are very friendly and helpful, they are wholly unobtrusive. It's a perfect balance. The staff really are exceptional and we would like to specially thank them all - they know us by now!
On a different note - guests that are travelling to Langkawi for the first time, as well as eating in the La Sal (CDM's own restaurant) you should really visit Bon Ton and Unkaizan. Great restaurants.
It's our opinion that CDM is the only place to stay in Langkawi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang