My partner and I booked to stay in the Casa Del Mar after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and the placed was as good as we hoped. When we arrived someone (literally) ran out the hotel to get our bags from the taxi, guided us through the check in process and then gave us a detailed tour of our room. Throughout our stay we found the customer service very good. All the staff were genuinely helpful and spoke good quality English.
We had a ground floor room facing the beach. The room was an okay size but the bed was good quality and the bathroom was large a quite posh. There were the usual items (tv telephone etc) but you also got a DVD player, with a reasonable sized DVD library available in reception. You also have two seats outside your door so you can sit and watch the sea in the shade.
The food in this was place was excellent! Breakfast was la carte (no macky buffet) and some real top notch stuff, however the focus was on quality, not quantity, so you might have to load up using the toast making facilities they have. The Dinner menu was a bit pricier than eating out the hotel but was certainty cheaper than the Hilton we stayed in, and was also very good quality. From memory, I think there were about eight Malaysian dishes, then a steak and lamb options. My partner is veggie and she found the menu okay for choice (which was a bit of a god send because Malaysia generally isn’t very veggie friendly). There is a light lunch menu which has the usual pizza and burger options when you’re looking for a taste of home.
The hotel bar is outside near the beach which serves a wide range of cocktails and tiger and a few lagers. The beers were reasonably priced compared to other places we stayed in Malaysia, but weren’t cheap. I was paying about RM 12 for Tiger, which translated to £2.40 at the time.
The beach had the obligatory white sands and stunning views of small islands and the sea, however it is developed, so don’t expect a desert tropical island when booking. However the neighbours are far enough away so you can’t hear or see then when sitting on the hotel beach chairs. There were sea activities (eg jet skis and banana boats) however these were relatively small in number and stayed away from the hotel so didn’t bother us during our stay.
The hotel does offer excursion but thought they were a bit pricy so didn’t take any. They do offer free sea canoes which we used to go to the next island, which was a lot of fun. There is also free wifi throughout the hotel and near the beach!
The weather during our stay (December 10) was overcast, but it was certainly hot enough for us and all the German tourists in the hotel. When we were leaving (sods law) the clouds did clear and we did get to see how beautiful this place is when the sun is out.
Me and my partner aren’t one for beach holidays but this hotel was very good. Definitely worth the bit extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Fastbooking, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang