Bon Ton Resort
US$270
US$172
Official Site
Myangkasa Akademi & Resort Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Pool
Cenang Memories Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$34
US$32
White Lodge Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$61
US$49
Agoda.com
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$409
US$224
Travelocity
Salsa Resort Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$28
US$25
Agoda.com
Alpha Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
US$23
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$49
Agoda.com
Pondok Muara Chalet(Pantai Cenang)
US$28
  • Free Internet
Melati Tanjung Motel(Pantai Cenang)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewscats and dogsblue gingeranimal shelterbon bonnam restaurantyellow orchidmalay houseson stiltslove catspalm villaan animal loveryogurtunique placeresident catmosquito netmod conswooden house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We checked in for two nights at Bon Ton, the view was lovely and each villa is individually special.

Then came the cats to rule over our beds!! The cats just wont leave the beds, even after we shoo them, they practically jump up the bed and share the bed with you. Yes, even if you are an animal lover, you dont need the cat up in bed with you. I even got flea bites on my leg (they are still itchy till now even with medicine).

Being a family trip, we have kids running around the house, and at night, a malay man came knocking on our door and said, "How many of you in the house, why so many shoes outside, dont make me come to your door and knock again, I can hear you from outside". We asked,"Next vilal complained?" and he answered,"No, I can hear you from outside"

Oh my god!! He wasnt even saying it nicely and was threatening us! Of course we have a lot of shoes!! We dont wear our sport shoes to the beach, we changed them to slippers!! Whats with putting our shoes outside!! I mean was it our fault we put all our shoes at our own villa?

The next morning we found out the friendly reception girl we met was the morning shift, and this malay man was to be on night shift.

The following night, my husband was about to go out for a smoke, and when he opened the door, he saw the same man right at the stairs of our villa with his torchlight counting our shoes!! And he said this, "How many of you inside?"

This is too much!! The place would have been perfect without him stalking us!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank florence c
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We spent four days in Bon Ton and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The service was good and we found everyone very helpful, sincere and hospitable. This place was exactly what we were looking for: authentic Malay villas with all the necessities of the modern world. They trully thought through the details.
The resort really felt private (could be because we were there during the low season), it was very tranquil with cats slugging on the sun.
Nam, the restaurant in the resort, has wonderful deserts and cocktails!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YuliyaRR
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I did not choose to stay here, hence my review is only about their service level on the phone. I called the hotel at 10.30am today and asked for their reservations dept. The man who picked up the phone was rude and told me "reservations are not in office yet" - what?! at 10.30am, they still have not started work? his reply was simple "no, they haven't." and without any offers to take my number and call me back, he just simply hung up the phone! OMG... how can anyone consider this place if their customer service level on the phone is so terrible!? I am speechless...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank sugarstic
acg1960, Manager at Bon Ton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Hello Sugarstic,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to inform us about this issue, when it comes to customer service, I personally take all matters very seriously.

I have since spoken to the person in question and I have also implemented a new procedure with it comes to taking reservation during and outside of office hours.

I hope when you next call our resort you get the service you require & deserve.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Staying here ATM. We spent 5 nights at the 5* Datai but due to a change in travel plans had to find another place for 1 night.

We chose here due to good reviews on Booking. A wonderful unique place. About 8 individual old wooden historic villas around a pool and overlooking a wetlands so plenty of birdlife to see.

Next door is an animal shelter for around 200 cats and 100 dogs but there is very little noise. Cats are everywhere though and each have their preferred villa! So don't come if you are allergic or don't like cats!! They are mild mannered and very sweet and make the place special.

There's free wifi, a free welcome drink and a free cocktail, food is delicious, affordable and generous.

Staff are kind and friendly. The manager is hands on and welcomed you to the hotel.

So laid back and very stunning! They have mosquito nets and sprays etc. in the room. We were a bit concerned as there's gaps between all the wood slats but there were few insects tbh. I got bitten a little but if there's a room of 100 people it will be me that gets bitten. My husband wasn't touched!

I can't say more as was only here for 24 hours but I recommend highly! ... If you don't mind cats!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

So disappointed to see so many negative reviews about Bon Ton- my husband and I loved it! We are so sick of staying in obvious 4/5 star hotels that all offer the same predictable facilities etc as each other and were looking for something more rustic/unique and special ...Bon Ton is just that! It was a privilege to stay in a 100 year old Malay Villa (best place I've ever stayed in!!) and the best food we've tasted so far on our trip to Malaysia. The staff go above and beyond to help you and what's more, it's so relaxed and not full of screaming kids or fussy tourists, just people who want to de-stress and really enjoy this lovely Malay Island. The icing on the cake for us was also that proceeds from Bon Tree go to the fantastic dog/cat rescue centre on the grounds. As an animal lover and someone who cares very much about local people wanting to preserve local buildings/heritage and animals...this place couldn't have suited us more! We'd chose Bon Ton over a concrete hotel with no personality any day!!!

• Stayed: October 2013