Bon Ton Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$180
Cenang Memories Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$33
US$32
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$49
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$264
US$203
Hotel Website
White Lodge Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$58
US$49
Grand Beach Motel(Pantai Cenang)
US$43
  • Beachfront
Alpha Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
US$28
Salsa Resort Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
Great Peak Inn Motel(Pantai Cenang)(Great Value!)
US$22
Melati Tanjung Motel(Pantai Cenang)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewscats and dogsblue gingeranimal shelterbon bonnam restaurantyellow orchidmalay houseson stiltslove catspalm villaan animal loveryogurtunique placeresident catmosquito netmod conswooden house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

5 nights residing in White Frangipani, what a magical experience ! Exceeded my expectations of the tranquility .
Beautiful houses and grounds, attention to detail wonderful. Great food in the restaurant, staff very sweet and helpful.
Being close to the airport I was pleasantly surprised to not really hear many of the planes...
I loved the call to prayer drifting across the breeze to wake me in the morning, followed by birds chirping and squirrels playing on the roof. Sure the dogs all saying good morning at the same time was loud however the work the LASSIE does, outweighs the short lived noise.
A different house cat each day to cuddle, how lovely! Gekkos chattering at night, and mosquito nets to keep those fellas at bay, no complaints from me about the creatures, glad to know they were in abundance as a healthy environment .
I only used the aircon for 20 mins per night, on dusk when all the shutters were closed to ward of the mossies. Ceiling fan more than enough to keep cool during the night.

I chose Bon Ton over a 5 star big resort so I would actually engage in Langkawi. To always know I was there and not locked in a sterile ( yes, beautiful too) environment.

Loved Bon Ton!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Emmveee
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We absolutely loved our four night stay at Bon Ton. we came from Singapore and the contrast between the high rise city and the relaxed rustic chic feel of Bon Ton was just what we wanted.

We also got a slightly reduced rate as we booked last minute, it was about £110 per night and for that we were very happy.

We stayed in Black Coral and Palm, I would book Palm over BC if you have the choice.

The rooms are all traditional Malay houses that have been moved here piece by piece to give an authentic feel and traditional experience. Yes you will hear nature at night but that is part of the charm.

The restaurant area has a lovely feel to it, a lovely open sided building, with lots of tables for large or small parties. The food is EXCELLENT. Lunches in particular delicious, try the Laksa and the home made juices fab too.

The service is good too, very friendly local staff.

As others have mentioned there is a cat/dog shelter attached to the hotel, there are cats lazying about around the restaurant and on the porches of the rooms. We are animal people so did not mind them at all. The dogs did do some howling in the night but again this did not bother us, it was all part of the fun.

If you want a shiny, air con hotel then this isn't for you. However if you want something a little bit different, to experience something special then a stay at the Bon Ton will not disappoint.

Room Tip: We liked Palm more than Black Coral
3  Thank CMM1982
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Unless you are crazy about being surrounded by cats and dogs there s no way this resort justifies the price (>300usd/night) I ve paid for the Black Coral chalet.

Good:
Good service ...friendly people ...
Good dinner but not much to eat before that
Nice view ..clean property

Bad:
Many cats and dogs that can get noisy sometimes
Small swimming pool with water so so
Breakfast extremely basic
Chalets in below average condition
Hardly managed to sleep because bats birds and other insects entering my chalet.....proximity to road and airport
No beach ...no spa ....

2  Thank MikePowel
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We had high hopes for Bon Ton considering the price. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations.

The staff are very friendly and the food in the restaurant is good, however I feel the emphasis really is on the restaurant and the cat shelter they run onsite.

The chalets are in need of repair and the air con isn't very good. The breakfast is very basic and would be better served in the restaurant rather than in the chalets were you are surrounded by the cats (this didn't bother me as I like them but to others this may be a problem)

My real issue was the lizards and insects everywhere. I fully expected there to be some due to the location but the combination of an outside bathroom and them being attracted to the bathroom light at night made it unbearable to use the bathroom during the night.

We had hoped for a relaxing few days but I couldn't sleep at night due to the birds constantly making noises within the roof and my fear of insects. Sleeping in the day wasn't an option either as the resort is near the flight path. We ended up spending most of our time back in Cenang (which is a 5 minute can drive away)

The manager let us use the bathroom in one of the largest houses on the resort as we weren't flying until later in the day - which was nice of them to offer. It seemed nice however I should imagine it would be close to £300 per night going by what we paid for the smaller chalet and it still wasn't in a condition that would reflect that sort of price.

All in all I think the resort is overpriced for the quality of the accommodation. There are a lot of cheaper, nicer accommodation on the island.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel0586
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at the Bon Ton for 4 nights over New Year.

From the moment I stepped into the room I was unsure of how our stay was going to turn out. The villa (an old Malay house with all mod cons) gets quite warm and it's difficult to cool it down regardless the A/C unit on full blast all day. Still, the villa (we stayed in Palm) is very spacious and nicely decorated and overall we had a really pleasant stay.

The resort is very peaceful but a tad run down. The villas would benefit from a deep clean, buying a hoover would probably be a good investment!

The pool is small and not that well kept, there does not seem to be any water pump to allow recirculation of the water (or if there is one, it was definitely broken / off while we stayed there). I did not feel comfortable swimming in it, neither did my partner.

There is several cats in the resort, they are all absolutely amazing and very friendly. I am a cat person so I enjoyed that a lot. Each cat seems to have a preferred villa, I totally fell in love with the ones that were guarding ours and I wish I could have taken them back to London!

The concept itself, old Malay homes with all mod cons, is a great idea. Definitely a different experience however if you like your creature comforts (like myself) I would recommend staying there for two nights max (we stayed for 4 nights)

The breakfast system needs revisiting in my opinion, I would much prefer sitting in the restaurant in the morning instead of having my food delivered to my fridge the night before as it really limits your choice.

​Overall the service throughout the resort is really good, they are very attentive and quick in serving. We had dinner in the restaurant twice, and everything was delicious and the staff look after us.