“Tasty food; low standard toilet”
Review of D'khas cafe

D'khas cafe
Ranked #25 of 42 Restaurants in Pantai Cenang
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I ate lunch here with my wife in July. It looked attractive from outside so thought we'd give it a go.

I had hoped they would have chicken satay but was disappointed. In the end we ordered vegetable noodles and the tempura prawns. I have to say both were very tasty.

On the down side I visited the toilet which was a bit rubbish. That always illustrates to me how clean an establishment is. And to be fair it wasn't great.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

If you like tomyam and thai food, this is the place. The best tomyam in Cenang Beach. The price is about the same as other seafood restaurant. Will come back again to this restaurant if we come to Langkawi.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Cheap and quite good tasting food, the place is very clean and I must say it's one of the better ones among the few we tried ont his street

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We (family of 4) stopped for lunch at D'khas while passing through Cenang. The cafe is clean and tidy and the service from the waitress was quite good. The wooden tables also give D'khas a nice vibe. However, there are two things that really spoiled the experience for us:

1. The men at the table next to us were smoking cigars. The cafe seems to tolerate smoking at the tables. Good news for smokers, but not so good if you're travelling with young children. We ended up moving to another part of the cafe to get away from the smoke;

2. The food was really poor quality. My husband and I ordered seafood Pad Thai. The noodles were dripping with oil and the dish had a saccherine taste to it. About 60 minutes later we both had stomach aches. My husband and I live in Singapore and we have travelled extensively across Asia, so we don't have weak stomachs and we enjoy local cuisine. Our meal at D'khas simply didn't measure up.

There are better restaurants in Cenang than this one.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Really nice fresh Malay food at very reasonable prices. Try not to sit down wind of the BBQ! Basic open air place right on the main street.