“Overpriced and very noisy”
Review of AB Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pantai Cenang
AB Motel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've stayed there for 3 days/2nights for the second time recently, because of it's location. The room was clean and everything was functioning. However, the provided towels are as hard as stones. For a price of 100 RM you can expect better once. The most annoying part are the guests from the other rooms. Young people from the Middle East, who celebrated their parties all night long. I informed the receptionist about it, but no action were taken. Definitely my last stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Frank0870

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Im visit Langkawi several time, and this my fifth time at Langkawi. I get news about Ab motel in tripadvior,so im try..but mae me DISSAPOINTED.
First of all, room aircond not functioning well...whole night we sleep in sauna room,second is the television in room uncontrolable,the voice cant adjuatable too...third, in the bath room,the water heater is totally not function at all.
fourth, the pillow got some smelly smell.Fifth, the bed is "spring" and very risking specially for the older. Sixth,the motel does not provide towel for us. I hope the management can take noted and updates the service to SATISFIED the guest. Value come first, Money come second.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MK_Lai
Reviewed 10 October 2013

suitable for family because there are rooms with connecting doors, motel by the beach which make kids excited, clean room, daily housekeeping (need to inform to the reception) but no breakfast provided.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank n_hani
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Comfort room with 2 queen size bed over looking to the sea. Clean beach and safe to swim. Valuable for money. Easy access to the hot sport center . However the closet need to change as most of the room the closet come with no door. Added the safe box in the room will be much appreciated for security purpose.

Room Tip: the seaview room will be nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 4 other friends last month in beach side rooms. The rooms themselves were pretty basic but good in size with 2 double beds. The location is great with only a few steps to the beach (if your on the beach side). Lots of restaurants and shops around and free wifi available in the lobby. This is a good place to stay if you're on a budget and want to be close to the beach. Saw some of the best sunsets while there.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Maellen_88
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here on my first night of a 7 night stay. Alone and on a budget I stopped in here. Many others around the area are within 20MYR difference of this place, this place took my vote after looking at 4./5 others. I had a roadside room double D-12. It was 80MYR with AC Hot shower Double bed, TV and Fridge. It was clean and did the job for me - maybe the decor is a bit dated and old/tatty but no moreso than other places in the vicinity and I wasnt willing to up my budget another 100+ to get a better paint job when all i wanted to do in the room was sleep. Beach is just through the other side complex, nice big trees on beach front for some shade :-) . Wifi only in reception area which is a bit of a pain. and a 50MYR key deposit i thought was a bit steep. No breakfast but I went to Breadstory bakery next door which was nice if you dont fancy Nasi Lemak. One thing I would say, the bed pillows are really plump and solid.. like I have never experienced before, I couldnt sleep with them. Also I had to ask for towels and toilet roll... not sure if they forgot them while housekeeping or probably more likely they didnt put in so they didnt have the cost of resupplying and washing them. Overall it was ok, I would stay again. Beachside is only an extra 40MYR so probably worth the extra to get the beachside if thats where you plan to spend most of your time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shetland5497
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed on this hotel, the room that I got is located very near to beach, nearby this hotel have The Duty Free Zone, we can walk to that place, Its very nice on night, its cool climate. but here didn't have swimming pool and gym.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Star Resort
Best Star Resort
#13 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi

Been to AB Motel? Share your experiences!