My husband and I had booked a week package deal with Ecoterra Costa Rica travel company. Part of that deal included 3 nights at Hotel Guanamar. This was probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at hostels and low budget accommodation in several countries and this was the worst. Yes the views of Playa Carrillo from the restaurant and pool were amazing but that was it. On the first day we arrived the pool was incredibly dangerously dirty that you could not see the bottom, fortunatly they cleaned it the next day and it looked much better. The staff was very young and unhelpful, the beach was quite a down and uphill walk or bus ride away. The worst were the rooms, they looked like they had not been cleaned or renovated since the 1970's. There was dust, mold and mildew everywhere, 100's of bugs and ants in every corner, self and ledge. I suspect there was an ant farm behind the bathroom mirror cause they kept coming from there and pieces of dirt kept falling down from behind. This would have been more understandable had the rate for this room been under $50/night. They offered no in room amenities such as a fridge or coffee maker. I would suggest staying in a low budget hotel or hostel in Samara and busing for the day to Playa Carrillo if you really would like to experience that beach. There is nothing around Playa Carrillo and if you have no kitchen amenities the restaurant selection is expensive and limited. I have no idea what rooms the people who have written great reviews were staying in but our room was far from acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica