Booked through living social package, stayed there at the end of our trip and we were surprised how rundown the hotel was. All the rest of our trip was first class all the way, from transfers, tours and hotel.Bath towels were full of sand, faulty locks on the back door. Room fixtures cheap and old.Beds only had a sheet, no blankets. when we asked for a blanket they had none only another sheet. Pool area was gorgeous and the views were spectacular. We saw monkeys, iguanas and many birds from our back patio. Staff were helpful and friendly, restaurant food was fair..Rooms were pretty far from public areas with steep stairs and walkways. Beach was spectacular...an american owned convenience store was an unexpected surprise with great snacks. Hotel has good bones but really needs updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica