Dennis was a very good host. He extended himself in many ways to make us comfortable - the hanging rack for our clothes, a cooler to bring to the beach, the use of the fridge for our leftovers. He also makes excellent french toast! We truly appreciate his hospitality. My kids loved the small but fun pool.
I can't give it a higher rating, however, because we found the cost was way too high for the quality of the amenities. We paid around $145 per night. Other hotels we stayed at throughout CR were more spacious and more comfortable for 30-40% less cost. Our room was very tight (one had to walk sideways between the bed and the closet/ very little room between foot of the beds and the wall), the stuffing was coming out of a torn pillow, there were several oil stains on the bedding, the sheets were scratchy, the room was very stuffy (and the fan wobbly and noisy, so it kept us up at night), brochures and menus in the lobby were mildewy, and there were unfilled cracks in the bathroom wall. We're really not that picky - we stayed at many simple but wonderful places in CR with fewer amenities but that were a better value. This hotel has great potential, but needs upgrades in bedding quality, room layout, and ventilation for the price point.
Other tips: Playa Carrillo is a gorgeous beach worth visiting. We had to drive to Samara (10-15 minute drive) for meals because Carrillo had very few restaurants open while we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family oriented hotel, welcoming singles, couples, wedding parties, families, children, and handicap guests. Being a small hotel of 7 rooms we offer a warm family atmosphere with the added bonus of having the amenities of the larger hotels. In 2007 we accomplished a total remodel including all guestrooms with European tiles and exotic Mahogany and Cedar woods throughout. The hotel also features the addition of a new custom pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Esperanza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza Hotel Playa Samara
- Hotel Esperanza Guanacaste, Costa Rica