All reviewsbed and breakfast basisvery pleasant staybars and restaurantsbusesvallettaislandharbour
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We read some of the negative reviews and were skeptical as to whether these were true. I think many of the people writing these reviews were expecting something way above what they paid for. We visited for 7 nights for my 21st Birthday on a bed and breakfast basis.
The rooms were spacious and airy and the air conditioning did it's job on the warmest days. The bathroom was very clean and the room was cleaned to a high standard daily - including bed sheet and towels changed daily.
The breakfast was rotated slightly daily and had a good spread to suit all.
All of the staff were a credit to the hotel.
I would recommend visiting Comino - the blue lagoon - as this was the absolute highlight of our trip.
The hotel was a brilliant base to come back for a nap and then head back out for dinner and a few drinks on the strip.
Everything you will need is within walking distance and the bus and ferry services are excellent and reasonably priced.
The rooftop bar was great. We made use of the sunloungers despite the pool being very cold.
One downside I would say is the number of redevelopment construction work in malta at the moment - this is due to most buildings being quite dated.
However we had a brilliant trip, filled our time and would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to go on holiday and not spend all day every day in the hotel, if this is what you want then book a resort or holiday village hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelKennedyNova, Manager at Hotel Kennedy Nova, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Holly W,

We are glad you enjoyed your 21st Birthday with us at Hotel Kennedy Nova. We are humbled by your appreciation towards the work of our staff and will relay your kind feedback internally. Hoping to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a 1 hour walk from historic Malta. ( I walked hence I know). Rooms are small and toilets even smaller. The heating in my room barely worked and the washroom was cold as a fridge.

Food was good and limited complementary WiFi is limited to the lobby.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Delarina,

Thank you for your time in wiriting this review. We are glad you found the location of the hotel close to the sites you wanted to visit. In fact Valletta could be reached also by ferry (€1.50) in just 5 mins or by bus (€1.50) in 20 mins. Kindly also note that we have extended the Free WiFi to the rooftop terrace and pool area.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This hotel has an image problem, mostly, it would seem, on the basis of its being in need of refurbishment.

But at no stage during my 7 night stay did I hanker for the park bench across the road, nor did I find myself comparing the hotel with Fawlty Towers.

Au contraire, I picked up nothing but happy vibes all around me, and although I could find fault in one or two tiny areas, such as wanting Tropicana for breakfast, rather than that watery squash rubbish, I enjoyed my stay at the Kennedy Nova.

Room Tip: You pay for a sea view, but the other rooms, which are quieter, are ok. But insist on the 5th floor, or higher, so you get natural light.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank harrisp284

Dear harrisp284,

We are thrilled about you sharing your positive experience at Hotel Kennedy Nova. Our staff works hard to make each guest's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and this you were very kind to note in the "happy vibe" you well described. Hope to be welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

stayed here end of oct 17 for a week. Very basic rooms ,not 4 star. Would not go back.
Staff are ok but they charge 25 e taxi to airport ,sholud be no more than 20
Pool area very small but has a little bar for snacks and food.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billy O

Dear Billy O,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Kennedy Nova. Kindly note that we offer a range of rooms from Economy to Superior, each having different amenities. Should you wish to book again on your next visit, please contact me directly at hello@kennedynova.com to discuss your preferences.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed 7 nights.
Room was for 2 person, they added 2 beds and room becames for 4. So in room for 4 persons we had 1 chair, no tabel, dirty balcony, Tv with broken remontcontrol,
, no free wifi (only in the lobby and rooftop bar), yellow tap water (last 2 dayes), no minibar, lumpy pillows. We could not sleap on matresses, so, I told the giril in reception, but they did not change them.
Restorant is another storry, they serve drinks in tin can, remember it is 4 star hotel! Salt was so old that it was no more white. I aske the waitresses to change the salt, well she did not, nex day it was the same.
The bigest problem in restorant is staff, they are not trained well, they do not now how to work, they are like a group of childeren who helps mother preparing breakfast.
Decorations an flowers in hotel were not change for a decade!

Not my best choise for a holliday.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear aljosa v,

Kindly contact me at hello@kennedynova.com to discuss your stay.