“Comfortable hotel, good location, friendly staff.”

Scandic Bergen Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kokstad
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I approached my stay here with some trepidation given some of the bad reviews here on Tripadvisor. However, I was pleasantly surprised and found the hotel to be perfectly acceptable.

Check in was fine - I arrived very late and was greeted by a very friendly lady at check who had everything ready for me. All of the staff that I had contact with were also friendly.

The room - the room was ok; comfortable, clean and the heating worked (important when it was 5 degrees outside), with a clean and fully functioning bathroom. A refurbishment is probably due at some point though as things are starting to look a little tired, but not bad enough that I wouldn't stay here again.

Breakfast - If you like to start the day with a plate of grease infused stodge, then you're probably going to be disappointed. If however, you like a large selection of bread, cheese, meat, salad, muesli, fruit etc then you'll be fine. I'm not sure how the reviewer before me can claim that it made their stomach turn, but anyone who writes in a review "I stayed at many hotels in my life time , trust me. I have more frequent flyer miles than Heinz Ketchup has Bottled Ketchup (LOL) !!!", should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Location - the hotel is very close to Bergen airport, only just a couple of minutes drive, but around 30 minutes from Bergen centre. Rather than driver into Bergen, I drove to Nesttun and caught the tram into the centre. Nesttun is quite close to the hotel and has a large free car park opposite the tram station.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Doug_1970
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your generous review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff. We work hard everyday to make our guests feel like home!
It is also nice to get such good feedback on our breakfast.

Regarding worn-down rooms, we are happy to tell you that we will start renovating our rooms, and we will be able to welcome you back to a new look and feel at Spring 2013.

We look forward to see you soon again!

Geir A. Olsen
General manager

There are newer reviews for Scandic Bergen Airport

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I did not enjoy my stay here what so ever. I would not recommend this place either. It to much like a college dorm like style and looks . My company that i traveled for paid the bill so they look for cheap. I travel alot all over the world. The breakfast in the morning made my stomach turn. I will say the people that work here are very nice.

Would I stay again ; Sorry to say NO!!!
Would I recommend the place the answer to that is also a : NO

Im from the good old USA and I expect alot more . I traveled a lot of places . I stayed at many hotels in my life time , trust me.

Thanks I hope this helped someone to decide not stay here and waste there money.

Now if this is the hotel reading this review here is a words of advice to make your place more attractive to guests :

1) Make a renovation to your hotel first and foremost to make it more modern looking and not so much like a college dorm .
2) Also fire the cook , the food was the worst I have had.
Sorry But Im blunt and honest !!!

Thanks

Room Tip: Dont stay here till they under go a renovation .. When you travel they people don t want to stay in...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Love2TanNude
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding you stay at our hotel.. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected.
We work hard everyday to meet the expertations of our guests and we are truly sorry we did not meet yours.

Regarding your comment on worn-down rooms, I fully understand and I am happy to inform you that we are in the process of a big renovation, starting in the first months of next year. We will therefore be able to welcome you to fully renovated rooms in the spring of 2013!

Thank you for your comment on your friendly staff.

Geir A.Olsen

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

I stay for 1 night in this hotel on business trip. It is located close to Flesland airport, about 5 minutes driving. But it is quite far from Bergen city center, about 30 minutes driving. Nothing to see around the hotel, nor restaurant nearby.

Check in was smooth. Got a standard room, decent size with twin beds, a desk and a chair, plus a single sofa. Bathroom is small but nice and clean.

Standard european breakfast, not so many options but nice.

Conclusion: nice hotel for airport transit or business trip, but not so nice for tourist (due to its location).

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank rizalrismanto
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are located only 1 km from the airport and in the middle of our main market, corporate business. Unfortunately this means that we are a bit outside the city centre. On the other hand, we are close to the bus-terminal and frequent buses takes you to the city in about 30-45 min.

We hope to see you back at Scandic Bergen Airport in the near future!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel is very similar to other Scandic hotels in Norway - Basic, comfortable and friendly staff. Being right by one of the main roads from the airport, there was a little more noise but the double glazing did a reasonable job. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast bar in the morning very good. Ideal for the business traveller but not really well placed if you have children with you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Mr. Cogsie

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
We are very glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and had a comfortable stayed with us.

We work hard every day to give our guests the feeling of being among friends , therefore we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff.

We hope to see you again at Scandic Bergen Airport in the near future !

Reviewed 28 August 2012

some short words:
1st day: got keys which didn't work, were booked on a single room (but always said we arrive as a couple, got an old fashion room which was so loud (vibration in the whole room), no housekeeping available, no mini bar
2nd day: luggage was stored in a room by our self (we could steel everything - what we didn't do - but we were afraid that others steel from us), got a new room but no board to store clothes
3rd day: we asked for a shopping mall which should be in the "area"; this was 45 min. by feet but we never arrived because the receptionist sent us in the wrong direction

:-) at all

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Mr. Bernd H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
On behalf of my colleagues and myself, I am sorry that your stay did not turn out as expected. Hopefully the new room we offered you was ok.

For you information we will start to renovate the rooms at the end of this year, and by Spring next year we will have new rooms to welcome our guests with.

We do not have a minibar concept at Scandic. We have fridges in the rooms and a 24/7 shop in the reception area where our guests can buy both food and drinks, and also other necessities.

Our luggage rooms is situated next to the reception and all our guests who want to use it, will get a one time key. This room is always locked. Stealing and bags going missing has never been a problem.

If you return back to our hotel, please contact me. We will be happy to arrange a free upgrade or other beenfits as a complementary.

General Manager.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Scandic Bergen Airport hotel does at the first glance look like a hotel, it looks more like an office block or factory building. When you come in to the reception it is like stepping 20 years back in time. The room I got was comfortable enough, and the bathroom was ok. Though the entire hotel could have been renovated, as it looks a bit tired. I was leaving very early for the airport, so I didn't get to try the breakfast. I didn't sleep much either, as my room was facing the roads. As to proximity to the airport, you need a taxi. A positive thing is that the hotel has a direct line to the taxi service, and the taxi comes quickly to the hotel. The only reason to stay at this hotel, is because you are close to the airport, and it's a bit cheaper than the hotels that lies at the airport.

Room Tip: A cheaper option than the hotels at the airport.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

Our hotel was build and opend in 1982, so the outside has the look and feel of how buildings were in the 1980`s. I understand that you think it is time for a renovation and I am therefore happy to inform you that we will start with this at the end of this year. The entrance of our hotel and our rooms will be renovated.

We look forward to welcome you in the furture to a totally new and great experience.

Geir A.Olsen

Reviewed 14 June 2012

A bit worn hotel but ok to stay at for business trips. The staff is smiling and gives you good service when asked. Been staying there for 3 nights a week the last 7 months. Nice breakfast, and ok dinners. Best suited for travellers according to location.

Room Tip: Second floor has the best rooms, many of them are renewed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bissniss
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

July 31 , 2012

Thank you for your generous review.

We work hard everyday to give our guest a good and warm service .
Our mission is to give people away from home the feeling of being among friends.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff, and that
you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner in the retaurant.

Re . your comment that our hotell is a bit worn-down I understand, I am therefore happy to inform that we will start a renovating programme for the rooms in the end of the year . I will be glad to inform you more in detail next time you stay at the hotel.

We look forwared to see you very soon.

Geir A. Olsen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokstad
Scandic Flesland Airport
Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport
Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg
Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport
Thon Hotel Bergen Airport
Magic Hotel Solheimsviken

Been to Scandic Bergen Airport? Share your experiences!