“All right”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kokstad
Lillesand
“All right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed there one night when waiting for a connection flight.
As in almost all Norwegian hotels a central light in the room is missing, you just dont get proper light in the room.
Otherwise, spacy and clean room, nothing bad to say.
Breakfast we cannot comment because we left early.
Friendly front desk staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Very nice to hear that our staff met your expectations. We work hard every day to give our guests a good and warm service, so we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our helful staff.

Welcome back!

Geir A.Olsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Definitely showing it's age in places, could do with a lick of paint to cover up the damage to walls etc, does not give a very good initial impression seeing this.
Quiter room this time.
Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews from guests seriously and we have noted your comment about the paint.
I can inform you that last week we opened fresh and refurbished rooms, and we would like to upgrade you next time you come. Please let us know if you are staying with us again.

Geir A. Olsen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

I short taxi ride from the airport so is excellent if you have had a long journey.I stayed here for 3 weeks as i was over in Norway working.The check in was easy and the staff where very friendly.
Food was very good and my room was clean and tidy.Had everything that i needed.
I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for you generous review. We appreciate that! Very pleased to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff and that you had everything you needed.

We hope to see you soon again!

Genreal Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

A five minute taxi ride from the airport, so ideal for a late arrival in Bergen, or an early departure. Quick, efficient, friendly check in, excellent room, very clean, the only complaint with the room being that the shower, you had to climb into the bath to use it, no problem normally for me, but this was very high, and with a slippery floor could have been a danger, and i would warn semi disabled people to be carefull!
Only one other complaint with this hotel, was in the restaurant, not the food, which was fine, but as we arrived for dinner, we were told the it was full, and could we wait in the bar? although there were tables made ready for breakfast in the morning...empty.. lots of them!! Also, if you only have a small(ish) menu, please make sure everything is available! (No mussels in a Norwegian hotel??) Apart from that, the breakfast quality and choice was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are very pleased to hear that you had such a nice experience when you stayed at our hotel. Your comment on the slippery floor, we have taken action on and hopefully this will be beneficial to future guests.

The restaurantmanager will look into the comment your gave on the space in the restaurant for dinner. Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast!

Hopefully we will see you back some other time when your are in Bergen!

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I approached my stay here with some trepidation given some of the bad reviews here on Tripadvisor. However, I was pleasantly surprised and found the hotel to be perfectly acceptable.

Check in was fine - I arrived very late and was greeted by a very friendly lady at check who had everything ready for me. All of the staff that I had contact with were also friendly.

The room - the room was ok; comfortable, clean and the heating worked (important when it was 5 degrees outside), with a clean and fully functioning bathroom. A refurbishment is probably due at some point though as things are starting to look a little tired, but not bad enough that I wouldn't stay here again.

Breakfast - If you like to start the day with a plate of grease infused stodge, then you're probably going to be disappointed. If however, you like a large selection of bread, cheese, meat, salad, muesli, fruit etc then you'll be fine. I'm not sure how the reviewer before me can claim that it made their stomach turn, but anyone who writes in a review "I stayed at many hotels in my life time , trust me. I have more frequent flyer miles than Heinz Ketchup has Bottled Ketchup (LOL) !!!", should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Location - the hotel is very close to Bergen airport, only just a couple of minutes drive, but around 30 minutes from Bergen centre. Rather than driver into Bergen, I drove to Nesttun and caught the tram into the centre. Nesttun is quite close to the hotel and has a large free car park opposite the tram station.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Doug_1970
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your generous review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff. We work hard everyday to make our guests feel like home!
It is also nice to get such good feedback on our breakfast.

Regarding worn-down rooms, we are happy to tell you that we will start renovating our rooms, and we will be able to welcome you back to a new look and feel at Spring 2013.

We look forward to see you soon again!

Geir A. Olsen
General manager
Forest Hills, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I did not enjoy my stay here what so ever. I would not recommend this place either. It to much like a college dorm like style and looks . My company that i traveled for paid the bill so they look for cheap. I travel alot all over the world. The breakfast in the morning made my stomach turn. I will say the people that work here are very nice.

Would I stay again ; Sorry to say NO!!!
Would I recommend the place the answer to that is also a : NO

Im from the good old USA and I expect alot more . I traveled a lot of places . I stayed at many hotels in my life time , trust me.

Thanks I hope this helped someone to decide not stay here and waste there money.

Now if this is the hotel reading this review here is a words of advice to make your place more attractive to guests :

1) Make a renovation to your hotel first and foremost to make it more modern looking and not so much like a college dorm .
2) Also fire the cook , the food was the worst I have had.
Sorry But Im blunt and honest !!!

Thanks

Room Tip: Dont stay here till they under go a renovation .. When you travel they people don t want to stay in...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Love2TanNude
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding you stay at our hotel.. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected.
We work hard everyday to meet the expertations of our guests and we are truly sorry we did not meet yours.

Regarding your comment on worn-down rooms, I fully understand and I am happy to inform you that we are in the process of a big renovation, starting in the first months of next year. We will therefore be able to welcome you to fully renovated rooms in the spring of 2013!

Thank you for your comment on your friendly staff.

Geir A.Olsen

Travellers are raving about these Kokstad hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

I stay for 1 night in this hotel on business trip. It is located close to Flesland airport, about 5 minutes driving. But it is quite far from Bergen city center, about 30 minutes driving. Nothing to see around the hotel, nor restaurant nearby.

Check in was smooth. Got a standard room, decent size with twin beds, a desk and a chair, plus a single sofa. Bathroom is small but nice and clean.

Standard european breakfast, not so many options but nice.

Conclusion: nice hotel for airport transit or business trip, but not so nice for tourist (due to its location).

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank rizalrismanto
Geir A, General Manager at Scandic Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are located only 1 km from the airport and in the middle of our main market, corporate business. Unfortunately this means that we are a bit outside the city centre. On the other hand, we are close to the bus-terminal and frequent buses takes you to the city in about 30-45 min.

We hope to see you back at Scandic Bergen Airport in the near future!

Geir Anker Olsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokstad
Scandic Flesland Airport
#24 of 47 in Bergen
Sentrum
Scandic Ornen
Scandic Ornen
#9 of 47 in Bergen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,113 reviews

Been to Scandic Bergen Airport? Share your experiences!