“Preikestolen”

Himmelstigen to Trolltunga Day Tour
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Odda
More attraction details
Owner description: Make the most of your visit to Hardanger, try the via ferrata route Himmelstigen to Trolltunga!! A hike filled with impressing attractions and Norwegian history. The Ringedal lake, the Ringedal dam, Tyssebotn, Tyssestrengene, Himmelstigen, the giant marmites at the top of Tyssestrengene, and ending by Trolltunga and Preikestolen.
Kaarst, Germany
“Preikestolen”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When were in Norway Preikestolen was the best place we have seen.
600m above a fjord. You can have a better view then there. Hiking just 2h up. Watch my video to see the beauty.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I know there is the hike to Trolltunga and then there are the OpplevOdda way. It was fantastic! It was my first Via Ferrata but I felt super safe the all time. The guide gave us a pep talk before we started. It was clear what we were going to do! On the Via Ferrata itself he explained everything and he always checking if we were doing correctly. And I have never liked the heights!
Of course, it is a very tiring activity but when I got to the top all the efforts were paid off.
I recommend them because I think they are very professional.
I must do more activities with them in the future!!!

2 Thank elpatojones
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic Hike !”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I would really recommend this hike even though it cost quite a bit at 950 NOK as it incorporates cycling,hiking and rock climbing via ferrata to reach Trolltunga. Think about the bike rental and harness equipment rental.

Started off with cycling on gravel road for about 7 km by the lake called Ringedalsvatnet with amazing views. Then about a 2 hour traditional hike among the woods, streams and boulders with a lunch break inbetween.

After which we started the most exciting part of the hike which was the via Ferrata vertical climb which surprisingly wasn't difficult for a first timer. Those with a fear of heights might find this very challenging but there's no better way to face your fear and overcome it. Trust me you will enjoy it and will feel immensely proud.

Our Swedish guide Lina was really nice and helpful. Safety first throughout the hike. I would also recommend a pair of gloves to protect your hands from blisters / rope burn. Our guide was very kind to lend me an extra pair of gloves which was very helpful in the climb. She was also our 'personal photographer' even going the extra to take great pictures from a ledge below.

It wasn't an easy hike, in total a 10 hour return hike but was absolutely worth it once you reach the top.

Tips :
Bring packed lunch and a 1 litre bottle of water. You can always refill with fresh melting glacier water at the many streams along the hike.

Gloves for the climb.

Sturdy hiking shoes for good grip (Not sports/running shoes)

Dont even give a second thought , just go for it ! You wont regret it !

Visited July 2014
9 Thank MusNeb
Pleasanton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing hike!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a wonderful guide provided by OpplevOdda--she is the best! It is a difficult hike but with the help of the guide and the
great young people from China---"We are a Team!" the old, white& slow Californians were rewarded with a fabulous view and a great vacation photo and story to tell!

Visited June 2014
Oslo, Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent tour with a lot of variety”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The guided day trip to Trolltunga will give you everything you are looking for and more when visiting Norway, It starts off with a mountain bike trip on a gravel path along a beautiful lake, continues with a traditional mountain hike up to a via ferrata that will take your breath away before reaching the tourist destination of Trolltunga where the friendly guides will take a picture of you that all of your friends will envy you for. Mind you the trip is strenous and lasts for ten hours or so, so you have to be in fairly good shape and able to manouver easily on boulders and on the via ferrata. The bike trip also takes its tolls if you are not used to biking on anything but asphalt and gravel roads. Make sure you book ahead and arrive in Odda or some nearby place the night before (we stayed in Røldal, an hour away), and make sure you arrive early at the tourist information in Skjeggedal in order to find parking space for your car...

Visited August 2013