“"Was" one of the best hiking spots in Norway”
Review of Trolltunga

Trolltunga
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Odda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Well, what should I say. I have done the hike with many people for many years, I loved it, but I saw it getting more and more trashy and worse with unresponsible tourists. In former times people picked up trash instead of throwing it. Anyway, for you guys searching the classic picture for your facebook profil, this is the spot. If you are more interested in the hike and nature experience I would recommend the old way on the left of the waterfall called Liastølen. I posted some pictures and a map with description. Beautiful 1h hike up rock stairs through the forest. Then you are on the swampy first plateau. You hike around 30min here and arrive to the second ascent for 30min through boulders. After that its just a hike with a bit up and down for 2-3h max. Totally you should need max 5h up. I always tented up there. Its a special experience to get sunset and sunrise or even night on Trolltunga. Down you should be faster, ca. 4h. Enjoy the norwegian nature and take care for the trolls ;)
For all people who have never hiked in Norway or anywhere else:
There are some areas on the trail whithout radio connection. The hike is not a sunday walk! A headlight or torch is a must and Im not talking about a stupid smartphone. And please save the nature and dont throw trash around, nature belong to all of us!

15  Thank JanSmithSchneider
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"water bottles"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The most difficult and satisfying experience of my life. Is impossible to describe just with a comment all the feelings I had that day. The only suggestion I can give you: go there till you still are young and strong with a good pair of hiking shoes and waterproof clothes good also for the snow (even if is June)

2  Thank Silvia D
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I’m writing this review because before visiting I searched for reviews of people doing this pregnant to see if it was doable at 30 weeks and (perhaps understandably) couldn’t find very much. We booked this hike before I was pregnant and we umm’d and ahh’d about whether to cancel once we realised I’d be 7 months when we were due to do it. I’m so glad we went anyway! It definitely isn’t an easy hike and I was only moderately in shape pre-pregnancy but it was doable. We left very early to ensure we could take it slow and we parked at the new top car park (you have to arrive by 6am to stand a chance of getting in). I was told by my obstetrician not to carry anything so my poor husband took the supplies. Definitely worth it, definitely possible :)

22  Thank Georgina T
Reviewed 4 December 2017

It isn't an easy hike, hence the review name. But definitely do this at least once & if the weather is good, do consider tenting at the tongue itself for some amazing sunrises.

1  Thank Aloysius L