“Landscape hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valldal
Juvet Landskapshotell
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valldal
Dublin, Ireland
“Landscape hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Incredibly expensive but a unique experience. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Knut was a great host. He came out to welcome us on arrival and gave us lots of travel tips. Food was delcious. Beautiful setting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eboltz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a place! Knut was very good at getting back to us and accommodating our wish to stay a second night (another couple also wanted to stay a second night as well). We had originally booked only one night, however after staying one night we had to stay a second...

The landscape rooms are fantastic, and as Knut says on the website, the dark stain and lack of furniture is to enhance the view outside and it works.

The chef, Erik, cooked up a storm and the 3 course dinner for 500NOK each is excellent. We expect to pay a fair bit in Norway as nothing is cheap, however we felt that this was a fair price for the excellent food. They have a good range of red and white wines as well as local beers, so you are catered for when it comes to drinks.

The rooms themselves are very comfortable. We bought our own sleep masks as there are no curtains and you don't want them anyway as the view is spectacular! Going to sleep listening to the river running past is lovely. We only realised how quiet it was when we tried to go to bed last night when we arrived home!

Some folks complain about the small wetroom/toilet. Yes, it is small. Yes the bench gets wet when you shower, however just leave stuff outside! There are shelves for stuff and we found the shower setup perfectly OK. The only comment we'd make is that we think the hot water may have been a bit faulty as we couldn't get the temperature up to where we would like it. It wasn't hot, more warm. Other than that very minor issue, the place is amazing and I am recommending it to anyone I talk to!

Just do it!

Room Tip: We had landscape room 2 and it was amazing. Another couple had landscape room 4 and they said it wa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MelbourneDoug
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here with my partner, who has already written a review. Just wanted to confirm, we paid over €500 for a single night half board - and whilst the views were spectacular, the 'hotel' was really nothing more than a good mountain hut. No room facilities, no spa facilities, a single family style plain meal with no choice, this location is totally resting on it's landscape views and previous TV exposure - do NOT waste your time and money here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
20 Thank Andrew D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have to point out that I did not stay here, though I did try. Having seen it on tv, I decided to book for my girlfriend and I to celebrate our anniversary. I booked it through a website where I had to first send an enquiry. A few days passed and having received an email from the website asking about my experience in booking, I replied that I hadn't heard anything back. They obviously got in touch with the owner who then took another couple of days to reply. So we were booked. I sent another email direct to the owner asking for information on how to get there from Oslo, getting around the area etc. The response was again late, a week or so later but gave the information I required. It seemed to us the ideal way to travel there and given the hotels location, was to fly to Aalesund, hire a car and drive. This was all booked, flights from Oslo, car arranged etc. and we were due to arrive on a friday. The preceding monday, we were informed that unfortunately the hotel would be closed that weekend and would not be able to fulfil our booking, however if we would like some info of where else we could stay in the area, he'd be more than happy to help. I, of course, replied that some help would be appreciated as we had flights booked and were travelling that way. I heard NOTHING back. OK, I hadn't actually paid a penny, but it would have been nice for them to offer other dates, a discount voucher, even some other suggestions..................NOTHING. The whole experience from booking to cancellation was very unsatisfactory, the owner didn't seem to care or know anything about customer service. In the end we booked a lovely little cabin, on a gorgeous lake surrounded by mountains for a fifth of the price, with TV, kitchen, wifi and a sauna, which is a hell of a lot more than they offer here, looking at some of the other reviews.
My advice, save yourself a lot of money, there are gorgeous places all around this area, self catering, near to restaurants etc with much better facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
45 Thank HugoBelow
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

There is no doubt that the huge glass windows and stunning natural scenery make this a special location, however the Hotel seems to have taken that for granted and stopped trying on everything else! Firstly this is NOT a Spa and Restaurant as mentioned our guide,, it is a series of unusual rooms with a set meal family dining room, and a single hot tub. The hot tub wasn't working when we arrived, not the sauna. There was a wifi Mac base station in our room but not working, then we ran out of hot water after one shower, no tea or coffee facilities in the room, even found the last guests hat in there waiting for us! The meal was OK- cod and boiled potatoes, though when we declined the Whale starter only a small bit of cheese between two was offered. The host Eric was great, helpful and friendly and relaxed , if this had been a mountain hut price we'd have loved it, however..... we were then presented with a bill for nearly £500 for DB&B for two for just one night- wow, stayed in 5* London hotels for less!

Great views, but vastly over priced and not really trying to live up to that price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank s c
Arnstadt, Germany
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were in the hotel for 2 nights, 2 adults and 3 children in 2 cabins. Including some sodas, 1 bottle of wine, diner and breakfast we paid € 1900. I do realise that "the luxury is in the experience" but I still think it is too expensive. I thought it would be in the middle of nowhere and that it would provide an exclusive feeling to be there. Not at all for me. The neighbours are really next door, down the driveway there is a tourist attraction, lots of people around. The cabins are very small, the bathroom is max 2 square meters, everything gets wet. If someone uses the toilet after showering you are wet. The cleaning was poor, lots of dust e.g. under the beds and on the headboards. No refrigerator or mini bar, you have to get away from the hotel as there is nothing you can do there, the hot tub was closed. No wifi in the cabin, only in "the barn".
Yes, it is very close to a river etc etc but the whole of Norway is close to a river or Fjord.

I would not go again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
23 Thank Albert S
Konstancin
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Tucked into a forest glade and next to a rushing river these private cabins / rooms and like an upscale safari lodge.

Well located for exploring the glaciers and fjords of Norway this hotel is aimed an nature enthusiasts.

Dinner which comes with the room - no other places to eat for miles around - is tasty and exotic such as whale meat (in my opinion a very poor choice from an ecological perspective) or reindeer.

The flaws with this hotel are the lack of sufficient lighting in the rooms, the small bathrooms, and the poor housekeeping service level. But these are minor in the end when one is staring at the stars while the river crashes around the rocks and the hot tub is just nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank TravellerPoland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valldal
Hotel Union Geiranger
Grotli Hoyfjellshotell
Stranda Hotel
Stranda Hotel
#5 of 5 in Stranda

Been to Juvet Landskapshotell? Share your experiences!