“Wonderful waterfront B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Vestre Amoy B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful waterfront B&B”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was the only guest here & had a whole 2 storey 4 bedroom house to myself! I'm not sure if this becomes a share house if there were other guests? That might be worth enquiring about. My hosts were so lovely & even invited me to BBQ dinner for their son's birthday! The house is very well equipped for self-catering which is handy as there aren't really many shops or restaurants around. Tom's Kitchen would be the nearest & I would recommend it. Boat hire is available to go fishing. A washing machine & dryer are available in the house. My bed was 2 single beds pushed together but it worked ok with a thick pillowtop mattress cover. There weren't blackout blinds. Shower was excellent with a hairdryer and shaving mirror. Awesome home cooked breakfast from Lillian and great personalised travel tips for onward destinations in Norway. Sitting on my leather lounge suite watching my big screen TV with a direct water view outside the window - I wish I had of stayed longer! I think I'll be back! It is worth calling to confirm reservations because Lillian will be the first to tell you that she is slack with her email.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stavanger
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a short visit to Åmøy Fjordferie during the summer 2 years ago. We visited by boat and
had a lovely time visiting and enjoying lunch with the hosts. Lilian is an absolute gem.Very enthusiastic and extremely welcoming. A beautiful place to stay, alone or with family. Fishing and out door adventures are on the "door step", The view over the fjord..second to none!!! Ulstein Kloster is near by, and you can see beautiful stone age inscriptions on the rocks near by. Lilian will give you enough information to keep you busy! Beautiful location!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Unfortunately I was there only one night while travelling between Haugesund and Stravanger by car but the location, houses, rooms are great.
You stay in one of the small houses with windows floor to ceiling with an amazing view on the sea.
The owners are so kind that you feel like at home. They prepared for us a tasty breakfast.
This is truly relax place surrounded by a nature. I hope I will visit this place again very soon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 22 June 2012

By coincidence I came across this lovely place and I now stay at Åmøy Fjordferie whenever I am in Stavanger.
The service is incredible and you feel so welcome. A great place to relax with a fantastic view. Nice place to cool down after a working day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Warm, clean, comfy accommodation with great views.
Lilian was so helpful from the start to the end, helping us with directions and anything else we needed.
The rooms and toilets/shower were spacious and super clean.
Highly recommend a stay here, easy to find! and the breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had a last minute business meeting in Stavanger and were unable to get a hotel close to city center. Using Trip Advisor; they quickly located 2 rooms at the Amoy Fjordferie just outside of Stavanger. It must be noted that the hotel is about 20 to 30 minutes from the commercial section of Stavanger and you will need either a car or taxi (the latter being a relatively expensive option – nearly 800NOK from hotel to our meeting). The owners are quite lovely and went out of their way to accommodate us. They even got up early to make a 6:30 am breakfast for us as we had to be in town by 08:00. Breakfast was a nice helping of scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh bread, cold cuts, freshly cut veggies, cheese, fresh orange juice and coffee. It has to be noted that they provide only breakfast and no lunch or dinner. However; the villas come fully equipped with fridge, stove, coffee machine and microwave oven, I assumed satellite TV; though I had no time to watch it. We were given the last 2 rooms and they comprised smaller rooms with a single bed (European narrow; and soft). They do apparently have larger rooms on the sea side of the villas – but these were taken. The room was clean, the bathroom spacious (each suite has its own bathroom). There are a number of villas on the property which can be booked in their entirety and they all overlook the harbour. A beautiful setting and would make a great base camp for a family who could either cook in their villa or eat out. I noticed a gas BBQ on the patio of the villa next to ours; while ours had a small charcoal grill. All in all, a very pleasant, quiet and very picturesque BnB.

Room Tip: Ask for seaside room if booking single rooms or enquire about booking the entire villa if you have a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This place was a terrific find. We needed a place in Stavanger at the last minute, but everything was either sold out or absurdly expensive. Luckily, we came across Amoy Fjordferie, located right on the water in a beautiful area outside Stavanger, at a very reasonable price.

The only downside to staying here is that it's a bit far from the city center. But as a testament to how far out of their way the owners will go for their guests, owner Lillian actually picked us up and drove us to the B & B in her car when our rental car reservation in Stavanger fell through. And her husband, Jan-Thor, was extremely helpful in advising us about the weather and the best way to visit the Lysefjord.

The rooms, located in a collection of modern houses and buildings on the water, are clean, cozy, and quiet. For a small additional price, Lillian will prepare a fabulous breakfast in the morning.

In short, if you don't absolutely need to be in downtown Stavanger, we highly recommend Amoy Fjordferie!

• Stayed May 2011
#1 of 1 in Osthusvik
Verkshotellet
Verkshotellet
#1 of 1 in Jorpeland

Been to Amoy Fjordferie? Share your experiences!