“short stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Baile Felix
Ottawa, Canada
“short stay”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago ,nothing change since in customer service ,then and now I rented a apartment at the hotel for 3 nights each time,it was clean ,bathrooms were clean ,inside hotel was clean ,but this is not a 4 star hotel. The breakfast was just ok ,no big variety .The hotel looks good from outside ,the biggest change needs to happen is with the staff attitude which is the same from when I used to stay there about 25 years ago, is probably not their fault but the higher management which don't see customer service as important and don't train them properly or at all ,the spa makes you feel you are in a hospital ,
all in all al give this hotel a 3 star

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FeliMB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I go at least once a month at a spa in Hungary and Austria, and every time to another , but I never heard that access to the spa to be paid separately. That seems to me hallucinating that I have to take money to me to pay a sauna, given that I want to go 3 times a day in a sauna, not only once each a half hour . I was a few years ago in this hotel and I had this horrible experience. Now I wanted to come back , because I thought maybe something changed , but I was told that the spa is paid separately and if I go to the sauna I have to pay lei 25 per 30 minutes . I come every month at International because I am the kind who encourages Romanian tourism , but in these conditions I don t recommend it to anyone. Include in the room rate all spa services at the hotel , less treatments and things will change for the better. Until then ,, goodbye " International. Spas in Hungary , Austria and Germany, will collect big money from the romanian people. Including me. :( And if Staff is bored as my visit ...to bad at all.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monica N
TurismFelix, Manager at Hotel International Baile Felix, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your time to leave a comment to the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay in our hotel.

I regret to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations in one aspect. Let me remind you that you have chosen a standard option accommodation without wellness & spa.
For this reason we have created a package with accommodation and spa treatment procedures included..

I hope that in spite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our Hotel International**** again.
Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Baile Felix hotels

Botosani, Romania
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent 5 nights at this hotel during New Year's Eve 2014. We had a great time . Reception and restaurant looks great . Throughout the hotel , and even in the treatment base , were decorations for the winter holidays ( Christmas tree , garlands ) which has contributed more to the festive atmosphere. I really appreciated this. In the room , you should add small accents / objects that give a touch of elegance and linen , bathrobes and towels should be renewed. But overall , it is clean and good.

We have a very good opinion about the restaurant , about the products offered for breakfast , which was varied ( should be small improvements in pastries, fruits and juices ) , and the menu New Year and Carnival (except appetizers to dinners ) . I also ordered a la carte , and the service was very prompt , the food good and at a great price . In addition , the band who plays in the restaurant creates a pleasant atmosphere . It was seen that the organizers have given full attention to some successful party .

I think it still requires a little more attention from tourists , meaning that you should try to resolve the issues raised by them. So I purchased new year package for 2 people , with meals. A third person who came to us with extra bed, due to family problems , it was decided in early December , and the agency told us that no one can spare seat at the table for New Year . I agreed , but I still tried to the hotel to try to solve somehow this problem. . We were told that can not be , as there is no space in the restaurant . We `ve heard that that there were other people who had the same thing happened . I think they must try to to find a solution for these people , especially as there is space in the hotel, not necessarily in the restaurant, but in other places , just so that people do not feel lonely for New Year .That had to offer a compromise . Maybe they could leave the hotel pool open longer , in this case , for people to relax even the pool.

Regarding treatment base, we can say that is clean , modern and well organized. The personnel is professional , procedures range is diversified and the prices reasonable . There is availability and the hours scheduled programming . In addition, I appreciated the fact that , in this time of celebration , there was the opportunity to perform some procedures (massage , lymphatic drainage etc) ,besides the services were included: pool , sauna , gym .

So , you can make improvements , but overall , the impression left us a very good hotel and if we return to Baile Felix , surely , WE WILL STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

The in-outside of the hotel looks good,but the room not deserve 4 star,(max 3).breakfast was very good and varied , but the a la carte ...like 20 years ago,the chef need some upgrade.The spa area-very good to relax or refresh.outdoor pool with termal water also good.staff very nice.
In concluzion:pretty good,almost 4 star.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

35 years ago I was for the first time in this hotel.I was 14 and came with my parents. For that time it was a wonder. I was a little afraid that it will be not the same.
Unfortunately, it was not what I remebered but also it is not bad- certainly it is not a 4 stars hotel.
Our room was little but very clean, the bathrom was also very clean and special congratulations to the management for the idea to suite it for disabled people.
I was happy to have the small balcony even if we had no view, only the back of the hotel and pools.
The staff was very kind, the breakfast was good- lot of salads and vegetables, yogurt, cereals, fruits salad, butter, jams (home made sortiments, also), honey, 3 types of cheese, 4 types of meat: salamy,ham, crenwursts,sausages, 3 diferents types of cooked eggs, 2 types of cakes, milk, coffee, tee, juice, water.
The restaurant and the waiters were also very good, and the prices were resonable. The food was tasty and large portions.
Unfortunately the minibar was poor and the bar near the receptions had not too many alternatives but sure this could be improved.
I will return and stay there!

Room Tip: If you want to have a nice view, ask for it when you book the room, or you will see the back of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simona o
Tautu C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel International Baile Felix, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Simona O

Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know when a guest leaves the hotel satisfied and with good memories.

We are glad if you enjoyed your stay with us and spent good times in our Hotel.
Thank you for emphasizing our rooms, design and especially the good food.

Your positive feedback will be forwarded to all of the colleagues.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Satu Mare, Romania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the International in August 2013 in room 1018 and we were very dissapointed. We stayed at this hotel in previous years but it seems that years have passed by and they had been left behind. So...in a 4 star hotel we found : a very small room, balcony and bathroom, a very very old Daewoo tv, a dirty rug, a very old bath robe and full of holes, a very poooooor breakfast, and a very very very rude and ignorant staff. The only plus the hotel has are the pools, but otherwise it is a highrated 4 star hotel witch should be a 2 star!!!! Seriously, we've stayed in a 2 star hotel that was cleaner and much better that this 4* one. :( It's a shame!!!!! Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DianaS15
Tautu C, Manager at Hotel International Baile Felix, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear DianaS15

Thank you for choosing the Hotel International**** for your recent visit to Baile Felix. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience and your general impression of our Hotel in detail.

However, I was concerned to learn about your disappointments in relation to our breakfast selection and the room shortcomings. I am truly sorry if we were not able to meet your expectations.

We are really sorry to learn about the problems from your guestroom. Normally all the issues are solved on site wich we reccomend you to do in the near future and we apologise on this occasion if you were not satisfied with the room.
The rooms are in a continuous process of modernization and in the future these situations will be solved . I am sorry for this shortcoming.
Also i would like to remind you that the Hotel International**** has a Tuv Rheinland certificate and even the only one award in Romania , the Europe-spa Med Certificate for high quality of services in tourism.
So in a word we deserve our stars.

You may rest assured that all your comments and observations are well noted and examined, it offers us a valuable opportunity to monitor and continually improve our facilities and services.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel International**** should you travel to Baile Felix any time in the future.

Best regards,
Cristian Tautu
Marketing Manager
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are expecting a four star hotel in American standards, pick a different hotel. The price does match the stars they claim, but not sure how those stars were achieved. Overall, the place is decent. No complains in terms of available hotel amenities unless you are travelling with a baby or a toddler. Be sure to request one of the two available baby beds and highchairs in advance with a written confirmation if you choose to stay here. For $120+ a night, seriously consider staying somewhere else, since a better value can be found at one of the local bed and breakfast places. Better food as well.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ioanaAZ
TurismFelix, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel International Baile Felix, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Hotel International****.I want to inform you that the stars and the certifications are obtained after the hotelis being audited by accredited institutions with experience in the tourism.Hotel International**** has implemented ISO 9001 quality system and is the only hotel from Romania who earned the certification Europa SpA Med.
Always the quality comes with the price.
I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you in our hotel in the future. Best regards,
Turism Felix Marketing Team