“Very enjoyable stay, loved the attention to detail!”
Review of Kings Head Hotel

Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirkbymoorside
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay, loved the attention to detail!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed on the evening of bank holiday Sunday 25th May and really enjoyed ourselves, we used it as a base to explore nearby Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay and the incredible Rievalux Abbey. The hotel felt very relaxed and homely, almost untouched by the busy bank holiday, as did the little village/town it was located in. The lovely barman was very welcoming and showed us to our room. The room was lovely, perfect size with amenities such as kettle, a good assortment of hot drinks, TV, hair dryer etc... but it was the bathroom I was most impressed with! Huge, with fluffy carpet, gorgeous vintage-y dressing table and the most amazing huge white fluffy bathtowels. The little details added a lovely little hint of luxury - from the quality miniature toiletries arranged perfectly to the end of the toilet roll folded into a neat point. It's sad for me to get excited about this kind of thing, I know... but it really shows how much the owners must care about their hotel. And i must mention that your cleaner does a fantastic job!! The room and bathroom were completely spotless.
The rest of the hotel was lovely, gorgeous cosy details; lovely furniture, wood burners, flowers in the hall, and a pretty paint colour scheme. Vintage in a way which suited the building but didn't look kitsch. Really well thought out.
We didn't stay for dinner, got a bit carried away and lost track of time, but we did have a few drinks in the well stocked bar when we got back... a good selection of real ale and lots of variety with the other drinks too. The bar was lovely and warm and relaxing, nice locals, and the nice barman was relaxed about us staying there past midnight. We slept well that night on the comfy bed!
Breakfast the next morning is definitely worth mentioning. What a good selection! I've never been to a hotel before where they provided an option other than full english... my boyfriend did of course chose the full english with everything on it, and received a full plateful which smelt amazing. I had smoked salmon and scrabbled eggs on brown toast and it was the tastiest I'd ever had, the eggs were so light and the salmon delicious. Cracking pot of tea too! The waitress was so lovely, really smiley considering we were the last people down to breakfast, she welcomed us as soon as we walked in and couldn't have been more helpful throughout the morning. She was a young girl with long dark hair I think and a very warm smile. A massive thank you to everyone who made our stay so pleasant!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicola W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

So far so good. Pleasant staff very nice clean rooms with character. Just had a Sunday lunch they gave us extra veg etc, no extra.
See what breakfast brings apart my cholesterol level ( full English ) but I'm on holiday and I going to have it! ....;)

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Westmidsman
doncaster
Reviewed 5 May 2014

3 of us went for an evening meal, we are stAying the area on business and wanted to try it out. We wanted garlic bread to share between the 3 of us and when she brought it it was bread and spreadable garlic butter but into triangles and not even seen an oven, never I have I ever seen this before and wasn't up to much taste. We took it on the chin and waited for my fish and chips. Over 1 hour later with only one waitress who was running all over the place kept " not long now and I have told the chef to put extra chips on your plate. Well the meal came and if there were extra chips I would of got more at a drive through. Chips under cooked and the fish was over done and very greasy. I'm not one for leaving food but I left over two thirds. I had also ordered a second pint guinness with a touch of black current in when the second pint came it had more black current in than guinness . The pub was clean but was like a nursing home. Will not be going back sorry for the negative reading but I can only say what I see

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mgp007
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We spent four nights here, over the Easter weekend. It's ideal for visiting Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, the North Yorks Moors and the lovely towns and villages nearby such as Pickering, Helmsley (particularly lovely) and Rievaulx Abbey.
The accommodation was spotlessly clean and the food was absolutely wonderful. We became quite friendly with the staff who did their utmost to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. Our room had a large ensuite, which I loved, the bedroom accommodated a king-size bed and a large wardrobe so was of a reasonable size. The wardrobe though could be done with replacing as it does look old and tired (and the doors didn't shut properly). The proprietors to be fair, have only been here for around 12 months, so I assume that there is work to be done in some areas. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have spent two nights here. What a great hotel. Steve and Maria Wrigley where wonderful host and could not do enough for us. The facilities were extremely good and the food was wow. If you are looking for a hotel with a friendly atmosphere, good food and good location then try the Kings Head.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donald_carl_johnson
Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have just spent 3 nights here and found it to have very friendly hosts and staff, a great location for walking or simply exploring the area. We decided to have our evening meal on the first night at the hotel and what a pleasure that was, so much so that we ate at the hotel for the other 2 nights of our stay. The food was well presented, tasty, served hot and reasonably priced. The breakfasts also offered a good choice and again was well presented and tasty. The bar was another bonus for us as it served a choice of cask ales as well as the regular lagers etc. Our room was a little small but perfectly adequate for the 3 nights stay. The only negative comment would be that the shower had little power. The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful, one morning we had no hot water and it was rectified immediately. We are now planning to return here for another short stay. If you are looking for a hotel with a friendly atmosphere, good food and good location then try the Kings Head.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kath K
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here Saturday night the 7th March 2014. What a great choice this was! Exceptionally good. We were shown to a very nice room by such a pleasant lady. Later we enjoyed a nice meal at a very reasonable price!! And after a few drinks in the other bars in the village we enjoyed some late drinks back at this hotel. They made us so welcome. We will be returning soon. . Graham from Leeds.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tvmilo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkbymoorside
The Feathers Hotel
#1 of 4 in Helmsley
The Old Lodge
The Old Lodge
#2 of 4 in Malton

Been to Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!