Brickfields Farm
George & Dragon Hotel(Kirkbymoorside)
US$80
US$266
US$245
Old Manse Hotel(Pickering)
US$126
High Park Farm B&B(Kirkbymoorside)
All reviewsguinea fowlwalk in showerfresh milkthe main housefour posterbreakfast is servedsitting areaquality toiletriesbottled waterbig rooma lovely place to staylittle touchescut glasslovely hostslovely fruit saladthe trip advisor reviewsbarn conversion
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed at brickfield farm a few years ago and was amazed at how wonderful this place was, so as I was due to go into hospital my wonderful husband decided he would take me away for three days to take my mind of my operation.
After looking around we decided to return to North Yorkshire and that meant we could return to brickfield farm.
We where very sad to find out that Janet who ran it previously had sadly passed away, but thrilled that her sister and brother in law were carrying on giving the same high quality hospitality that was the brickfield farm we knew.
This is the height of luxury accommodation and attention to detail is second to none. I love the fact that once you close the door to your room its as though your in your own little cottage with its own small kitchen area and its own patio with table and chairs looking on to fields with rabbits and the farm's own guinea fowl roaming about what more could you ask for.
Breakfast is taken in the main house's conservatory, one again every thing is spotless and the breakfast is lovely, food is fresh and sourced locally
Because I had to eat very early the morning of my operation cereals and milk (fruit if I had wanted) was left in the fridge so I wouldn't miss out. This was very much appreciated especially as it didn't mean I had to sit and watch while every one else tucked in to a hearty breakfast.
I cannot recommend a better place to stay if you are looking for accommodation in this part of Yorkshire, go on give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Each room has its own individuality so pick the one that suits you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed one night for a nearby wedding. Absolutely lovely place. The room was spotless, really well put together, bed was so comfy. You can see all the thought that has gone into this place by the owners. Some lovely touches, fresh milk in the fridge, bottled water etc. The breakfast was outstanding!

All in all it was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: I've no idea which room I had but they all looked lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fay75
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the 4 poster bed room and we were wowed when Shiela showed us our room. The bed is stunning and very comfortable. We weren't expecting such a spacious, clean and homely room - very much a 5* B&B! The room had lovely views over the fields and the little extras in the room made such a difference - cosy dressing gowns, dvds, magazines, fresh milk and Shiela's very helpful suggestions of pubs & restaurants for dinner. The icing on the cake was breakfast - immaculately presented, fresh and all with beautiful views over the garden, perfect! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The four poster bed room is ideal for a romantic weekend away or as a treat!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

If you fancy luxury beyond your typical B and B at affordable prices then go to Brickfields! Despite our brief stay my sister and I were made to feel really welcome by our hostess Sheila and we are keen to return with our families. We stayed in the Daisy twin room and it was extremely comfortable; the extra seating area made it more than the usual bedroom as does the separate area for making drinks which includes fridge, complimentary milk and bottled water. There was also wine glasses and corkscrew if you want to take your favourtite wine. It's this sort of attention to detail that makes Brickfields so special and much nicer than the usual complimentary tray. The bathroom with large walk in shower adds to the luxury and the rooms are set in a delightfully tranquil setting; as you watch the rabbits over the fields at dusk you might be miles away from a busy road but in fact you are on the main route through the North York Moors with the city of York and seaside Scarborough close to hand. Breakfast is a veritable feast and for veggies there's lovely fresh fruits and eggs of your choice with mushrooms and fresh tomatoes cooked by Sheila in her aga. We highly recommend it. This really is the place to stay for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family