The Old Hall Inn
  • Breakfast included
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
  • Breakfast included
Tennant Arms Hotel(Kilnsey)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Orbitz.com
Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
US$176
Travelodge
US$146
US$212
US$200
All reviewsthe pubburgerfish and chipsbeer gardenpiescallopslong weekendgreat foodan evening mealreal firefour postersoupshower roomlambopen fireboth nightsfull english breakfast
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've eaten here a few times in the past and have always had excellent meals and drinks. So recently me and my partner decided we'd stay here for the weekend. And the accommodation was as good as the food.
We stayed in the four poster room which was immaculately decorated and had everything you could want, TV, Tea and coffee facilities, And really soft towels in the bathroom (which was massive)
The room was very spacious and very comfortable and you couldn't hear any noise from the bar downstairs. And the bed was extremely comfortable.
The food was once again lovely and the breakfast's were fantastic.
The only slight issue I had was with the massive keyring given with your room key and the fact you HAD to hand the key in before you went anywhere, I can see why they do it, But it was sometime's a pain waiting at the busy bar just to hand a key in.
Other than that minor gripe it was an excellent weekend. Made even better by the welcoming friendly staff. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimmyodsox
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I ate here on a quiet Monday evening. I ordered fish and chips and when it arrived was nicely presented – the fish on faux newspaper, and the chips in a small metal basket. The fish was lovely, but the batter was extremely greasy and left a pool of fat on the paper. My wife’s meal came advertised with fresh vegetables, but when they arrived it was only a small pot of peas.

There was a notice at the bar for free wifi, but after obtaining the password, the connection was unavailable. When I informed them the barman, he was totally uninterested.

There were 3 types of hand pulled beer and they were all in good condition.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silberhorn
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We also watched what apparently was a re-run of Four in a Bed and were pretty impressed by the overall look of The Old Hall and glowing reports of the place. As my birthday was coming up my husband suggested we stay for the weekend so it was duly booked. Oh dear! First impressions were of an old building with cosy open range fire. It looked great. The bedroom , number 3, however was a real letdown. Only a double bed ( which to be fair was very comfortable). To be fair there were lots of tea/coffee/biscuits and plenty of drawer space. That was the upside. This room hadn't been decorated in years. The wallpaper was bursting at joins. Dated soft furnishings and hard greyish towels. No shelf in the bathroom to put toiletries. I wrote "dusty" in the dust on the bedside lamp! This room is £90 per night, " but we are in the Dales".
The food.. Average pub grub with pretensions. Most dishes were served with sprig of rosemary, in fact my Lamb Shank came with a large sprig hanging out of the bone! Don't worry this place won't be forgotten! The curry was definitely packet, no lovingly mixed spices here. The prices were high for the quality of the food. First morning we had full Wharfedale Breakfast. Basically bacon and eggs etc. Apparently the chef (owner) makes his own sausage and black pudding. It's a shame it was all overcooked and the bacon hard. My scrambled eggs looked as if they'd been carved out of a slab. I decided to have a lighter breakfast the second morning. No fresh fruit. Kippers, smoked haddock or smoked salmon available at extra charge of £2.50. Not sure why as this would have been a replacement for the bacon eggs sausage etc.Coffee was ok, but how do you actually make toast soggy?
Lastly, the staff. The barman was friendly and welcoming. The landlord, when you saw him was friendly, although he stayed mostly in the kitchen. The landlady is in the wrong job. No eye contact, no conversation, no good morning. When we were leaving and paying the bill at the bar she appeared drinking a cup tea.....or coffee! Took absolutely no notice of us. No " did you have a nice stay, was everything ok " completely ignored us despite the fact that we were being relieved of £320!!
This place needs a shake up, I think it's wrong to charge so much for an inferior room. I would love to hear a response from the owners.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank gill k
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We called in for dinner on a Sunday night and I must say it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time, beautifully cooked ,presented and tasty.

The Old Inn chef would give top hotels a run for their money, they also have a good range of wines plus the staff were very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buncranaman
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my husband after seeing on 4 in a bed. Loved every minute of our stay. A little bit remote but would definitely recommend a stay here. The room, room 2, was beautiful and spotless, full of little goodies too, and breakfast was to die for. 10 out of 10. The chef's a great guy too, really friendly. Can't wait to go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2014