Used a Living Social voucher for a weekend away with my mum, sister and auntie and was quite disappointed when we drove up to the hotel. We hadn't appreciated it was right next to the A1! We parked round the back and had to walk past a collapsing greenhouse with broken panes, and external peeling paint, so first impressions weren't good. However, the reception staff were very friendly, the rooms clean and modern, the bar meals delicious & reasonably priced, service was good. In the morning the breakfast was really good and a nice range of things to eat. We all slept well despite being near the A1. All in all it was an enjoyable experience but could do with a bit of TLC outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge is situated in its own extensive grounds, adjacent to the A1 Great North Road, one mile from Bedale. The 39 bedroom Lodge offers free WiFi and is perfectly situated for a North/South stop over or to discover the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors. The special executive rooms are brand new and have 32 inch flat screen TVs as well as air conditioning.All bedrooms are ensuite and feature all modern comforts such as Flat Screen TV, Freeview, trouser press, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The Executive rooms have air conditioning and 32 inch flat screen tvs. Some of these rooms are situated on the ground floor and have wheelchair access.The Old Market Square Restaurant & Cafe Bar enjoy an award winning reputation, renowned for traditional English cuisine complimented by friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere. The Virtual reality world of a Market Town in the Restaurant has been created by a local artist. Doors, Windows & Shop Fronts all tell a story that reflects the history of the owners over the last 50 years. Access via reception is through a level passage with no steps to negotiate, easy for anyone with limited mobility or users of wheelchairs.Two dedicated meeting rooms are available and popular as the hotel is in an ideal location just off the A1M for business people wanting to meet up in a location halfway between Leeds and the North East (or London & Scotland). The biggest meeting room can take up to 150 delegates theatre style.Local attractions include the Yorkshire Dales, a national park with beautiful scenery. The Historic City of York is just a short drive away as are Ripon and Richmond. There is also a Tourist Information Centre based at the Lodge which provides information on local and national things to see and do. The Wensleydale Railway passes through some of the most beautiful scenery in the Yorkshire Dales, running for 17 miles from Leeming Bar to Redmire on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Trains run throughout the year (daily during the Summer; at weekends and during school holiday periods during the rest of the year). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Lodge At Leeming Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Leeming Bar Hotel Bedale
- Hotel At Leeming Bar
- At Leeming Bar Bedale
- Lodge At Leeming Bar Bedale, North Yorkshire