“Absolutely Fantastic Pub-Great food”
Review of The Milbank Arms

The Milbank Arms
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Bedale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Having travelled from Australia to visit family in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, I was lucky enough to stumble across this little gem in the English Countryside. The Millbank Arms, set in the very picturesque village of Well, definitely did not dissapoint!!
My friend and I were greeted by an extremely jovial man who I assumed was the owner, he happily chatted with us whilst we purchased drinks and offered us the food menus whilst also telling us about the daily specials. After deliberating on what I wanted (as there were so many delicious choices) I decide on the Mackeral pâté from the specials whilst my friend had the spring rolls, both were superb, (the Mackeral pâté was sensational!!) we then each had a steak for main with pepper sauce, which again was beautifully cooked! Then on reccomendation we shared the Creme Brullee for dessert which was delicious. Having enjoyed such a wonderful atmosphere and friendly chats with the staff, we decided to stay for the Thursday night quiz, the pub was extremely busy and had a great village vibe. The owner was the quizmaster and did a great job of making us 'Aussies in the corner' feel welcome! Unfortunately we didn't win, however we did win on the bingo!
I have recommended this pub to all my English family and friends and even Australian friends who are travelling to the Yorkshire Dales! Fab service, fab food, fab atmosphere!! My only criticism is I can't buy there Mackeral Pâté online and have it shipped to Australia. Loved it!!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This has to be one of the best pub meals in the country. Reasonable priced , excellent food , staff and ambience. Can't wait to go again !

Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Been to this restaurant lots of time and it never fails to serve fantastic food. The owner Chris is a great host and keeps a very clean and friendly pub. Although not cheap it is very reasonable for the quality of food provided.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We have just returned from our second visit to this area this year and made sure that we had a second visit to the Mill Bank Arms because we enjoyed or first visit so much.

We were not disappointed, the friendliness and the food were just as good if not better than the last time.

My partner had the lamb shank and I had the fish pie, which was the best that I have ever tasted and brimming over with fish including salmon and prawns.

It was was a cold autumn evening and the lovely fire was very welcoming.

We will certainly go back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We have visited the Milbank on many occasions and it is a firm favourite with all the family. It is warm , friendly and serves very good quality food. There is a very good choice with plenty of blackboard specials. The Landlord is great and makes you feel very welcome and the toilets are spotless. I just love this pub ! The best by far in the area.