“Really nice pub”

Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Bedale
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Woodman Inn is a family run pub in the peaceful village of Burneston near Bedale. A Freehouse since June 2014. Inside is a cosy bar, a 23 cover restaurant and 3 letting bedrooms. Serving good local ales, fine wines and quality food using locally sourced produce. This is a very welcoming place to everyone who walks through the door. Also welcoming your four legged friends into our bar area!
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Really nice country pub. There’s the bar area which is dog friendly and the restaurant which is decent sized and really nice. Excellent menu, don’t think they have a prawn cocktail on the menu which is the only bad thing as love that as a starter but food is great. I had the fish goujons which were lightly battered followed by a steak which was cooked to perfection. My wife had soup followed by lamb, all which was delicious and well priced. Staff really friendly

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 25 August 2018

What a lovely country pub. My family and I were staying in a cottage for a 2 week holiday and we visited the pub on a number of occasions either for drinks or a snack the atmosphere was very welcoming as were ths staff and owners. On our last evening we went for a family meal and we were not disappointed the food was amazing. The food is cooked to order so when it arrived it was hot and full of flavour. After our meal we went back in to the bar area where we had another drink before settling the bill. The staff did get to know us throughout our stay, they even remembered what we liked to drink. I would highly recommend this pub and defentley go back if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

What a lovely place to stay. My husband and I had a one night break and booked for this Inn. It was In a great location for us, near to the A1 and close to several places we wanted to visit-Thorp Perron Arboretum, Bedale and Middleham.
There was a friendly welcome. The Inn had some old features but felt modern and attractive. Our room was excellent. Spotless, well furnished with a lovely spacious feeling. There were tea, coffee and chocolate drinks available with two types of biscuits. We also had bottles of water provided. The bathroom was spotless and more than adequate for our needs-nice toiletries provided too.
We had booked for an evening meal and were not disappointed. The choice of menu was excellent. It was 'steak night' and those around us seemed pleased with their choices. My husband and I like fish dishes and the choice went from traditional fish and chips to a fish pie and even a lovely sounding King prawn stir fry and noodles. We went fairly traditional and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast next morning was as good as any I have had in England with a good choice of traditional breakfast or light alternatives-I chose beans on toast. The staff were great-I have a dairy intolerance and the toast was buttered. When I asked for extra toast because Of this they immediately sorted it out. No fuss and good service again.
I would recommend this Inn to any one and we will be returning there again.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Went for an evening meal on a Sunday whilst exploring The Dales on holiday.
Nice greeting from the waitress and we sat in the bar as we had our dog with us who was welcomed too.
I chose the ‘roast of the day’ which was beef and my wife opted for the gammon egg & chips.
My roast beef dinner was the best I have ever had, the beef being melt in the mouth - perfectly cooked! Came with a Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato - not really needed as there was tons of three types of veg too, plus a small jug of extra gravy that I finished it off. It all worked perfectly and I could not want for more.
My wife loved her gammon egg and chips which also came with a grilled tomato and onion rings. A full platter for anyone and she could finish it all.
We’ll almost certainly be going back for another meal soon.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Four of us visited for Sunday lunch. The choice of specials on the wall looked really good, so we were really disappointed to find that the Sunday lunch menu doesn’t include any of them. It would be much better to cover up or take down the specials board, we clearly weren’t the only people to assume they were available and then be disappointed.
The Sunday lunch menu is very limited, only 4 or 5 choices per course; the roast dinner was ok, nothing special but the portions were good and the cost very reasonable.
We’d certainly go back when the full menu is available and give it another go.