“Holidays in yorkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moorhaven B&B

Moorhaven B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goathland
Moorhaven B&B
Ranked #9 of 10 Goathland B&B and Inns
dionharris
“Holidays in yorkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and staying here is like coming to visit your nan and cath is one of the nicest and genuine people I've ever met. The rooms are nice and In heartbeat style with heartbeat mugs and breakfast was really nice and again cath always friendly and speaking to you. We left friends and I even phone now and then to have a nice talk to her and say when I'm coming next . Will be staying again in july 2014 see you next year cath

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dionharris

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

We have recently enjoyed a weekend break in Goathland and after reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor, decided to stay at the Moorhaven.

Booking our room was painless and upon arriving, we found the rooms to be very comfortable and homely. In keeping with the romance of Heartbeat, the place had a lovely feel to it. Our room had a little sink in it, tea and coffee making facilities and an adequate TV.

The lady who runs the place (Cath) was really pleasant, very friendly and the font of all knowledge in terms of the local haunts, walks, historic tit bits and was very accommodating.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, however the only thing I will mention is the breakfast. It was one of the worst I have ever had. It was clear upon arriving that breakfast is served between 8.30 and 9am. At 6:45 when I made a trip to the toilet, I could smell breakfast being prepared. Why I ask myself?! Bacon, eggs and sausage don't take 2 hours to cook! There are only 5 rooms and unless you specify otherwise, everyone gets a full English breakfast. It's not as though there are 20 rooms with a menu to choose from. The sausage on my plate was hard and dry. The eggs had clearly been prepared about an hour and half prior to breakfast being served (and clearly being kept warm somewhere) as the yolks were more solid than a hard boiled egg. I had one soggy mushroom, two dripping hash browns and bacon which had been cremated. The toast was cold and was very cheap bread. I really struggled to eat any of it and really hate to be negative but I feel that Cath should know so she can change this. I would rather wait 30 minutes and have quality fresh food than food that I wouldn't feed an animal. There were a few cereals out and I made the most of them.

The B&B is a great place to stay and I will re-iterate how accommodating Cath the owner was but I would have reservations about staying here again on the basis of a poor breakfast. The room rates are reasonable but personally I'd rather pay an extra £10 for quality local produce that's actually edible.

• Stayed April 2013
Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had a break away from work in Ireland across the whole of Yorkshire back last October and stayed in this lovely B&B, really reasonably priced for an Irish Paddy like myself! Large full English breakfast which was lovely, very relaxed and really enjoyed chatting to Cath the owner, a lovely lady with a wealth of knowledge about the village! Loads of nice walks in the area, and lots of interesting activities for any Heartbeat fans, B&B located in the heart of the village and overlooks some stunning views, would love a trip back sometime in the next couple of years!! :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank paddy_tobarwater
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

A great place to stay with comfy beds clean rooms, plenty of towels. Lovely breakfast with good tea or coffee and tons of toast, what more do you need. If you have motor bikes Cath can lock them up safe and sound. Also if you have a dog that's welcome too.

Room Tip: There is an en suite but the others are just as good with a toilet just next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Nothing much to say apart from excellent. Dog friendly. Listen to Kath she will tell you anything you need to know. Comfy beds and a good full English what more could you want. Plenty of tea and coffee in the room.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We've stayed at caths b&b for the last 8 years,as a family of 4 we usually get the en-suite room its got a double bed & sofa bed so does fine,plus the veiw is amazing out across the moors,cath is a hub of information anything you need to know just ask,our kids take their bikes & partner has gone on motorbike all which go in caths secure garage,breakfast sets you up for the day - full English cereals toast fruit tea/coffee,all in all its a decent place to stay & caths lovely,or you could visit and find out yourself x

• Stayed August 2012
Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

My husband and myself have just spent 4 days at Moorhaven after traveling by motorcycle from staffordshire.On arrival we were greated by Cath who was very friendly and helpful.We were able to put the motorcycle in a secure garage.The rooms were very well decorated and clean.Tea and coffee was provided and toped up dailey.The full english breakfast was excellent and filled you up for the morning.Cath was very knowledgable about the area which was very helpful as we like walking.Very biker friendly we would recommend this b&b to all our friends and look forwards to staying again next year.Thankyou Cath for lovely stay.

Room Tip: all rooms have excellent views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple