We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of May, in unexpectedly good weather. We arrived quite late in the day, but were warmly welcomed with tea, cakes and recommendations for dinner. The rooms are all very clean, nicely decorated and of the two I saw, with nice modern bathrooms. There's also a lovely large lounge, stocked with books, games and dvds should you decide on a night in, over a short walk to the pub.
Breakfast was very good (full english—or your choice of it's constituent parts—fruit, cereal, toast...), and served in a room with a wonderful view. We were lucky enough to be sitting right by the window so watched the sheep wandering past and the lambs trying to tackle the cattle grid. Always the last to leave breakfast, we were never rushed, and Kelly, Liz and Keith were really happy to chat and advise us on our days plans.
The location is fantastic - very easy to go for good walks, or a short drive to the sea.
In short, the good Trip Advisor reviews are all correct! The house was lovely, as was the location, the staff and the breakfasts. Would go back in an instant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven is a family-run licensed Edwardian Guest House set in the heart of the outstanding natural beauty of the North York Moors National Park. With private car park, extensive gardens, lovely guest rooms and stunning guest lounge, the house is a perfect spot from which to explore the area: from coast to countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fairhaven Country Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Country Guest House Hotel Goathland
- Fairhaven Country Guest House Goathland, North Yorkshire