“Certainly call again”

The Mallyan Spout Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goathland
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel, our first being in 2008. I can say that we will not leave it as long next time. Upon our arrival we walked to the reception and noticed just how nice and cosy it was. The young lady on reception was very pleasant, and when we had checked in she walked us to our room. The room was very clean and was very much to our liking. Being my better halfs 30th birthday i had ordered a bottle of champagne to the room, and sure enough there it was sat waiting for us. Our evening meal was fantastic and was just enough on the plate. After our evening meal we decided to sit in the seating area and have a few drinks from the bar, the bar man was very friendly and could not do enough for us. The next morning, we came down for breakfast and was greeted with the same lady who checked us in, served our evening meal, and was now at breakfast ( does she not have a break ha ha ). The selection at breakfast was more than enough, ranging from fruit, to cereal and fruit juice. A full range of hot food is also available inc the full yorkshire breakfast. All in all a good stay and was sad to come away

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mallyan Spout Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Grandma and grandad stayed for 4 nights and I and my 2 1/2 went over for one night. Both of our rooms were excellent. I stayed in room 11 which was a junior suit on the first floor and my parents had a deluxe room, Beck Hole on the same floor. Both rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and with lovely bathrooms.

Our room was large with a 4 poster bed ( which was so comfortable) a separate sofa which I assume would convert into a sofa bed for a family. My little boy loved the room, as we had a great view out into the lovely garden and he could see horses and sheep. The size of the room was brilliant as it gave my little one plenty of room to run around. Out bathroom had the biggest and deepest bath ever, with a great separate walk in shower. My parents room was of the same quality with its own balcony, but slightly smaller.

My parents ate in the bar all week and we joined them on our one night. The menu was varied with lots of choice. The Steak pie was gorgeous such a large portion!!

Service was excellent both in the bar and at breakfast. Breakfast had everything you could wish for.

I would definitely recommend to anyone and will be returning.

Ps my little boy loved the day out on the steam train as well .

Room Tip: Room 11 great for a couple with the four poster, very romantic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lovely hotel in the village where Heartbeat was filmed. Very friendly family run hotel. Very good food both bar meals and in the very nice restaurant. Lovely grounds to walk in. We had a Junior suite on the first floor. It was very roomy, lovely windows on two sides with great views. No lift at hotel as it is very old so no good if you cannot climb the stairs and there was another floor above ours. Goathland is a lovely village with a couple of cafés and souvenir shops. The steam train stops here for Whitby.

Room Tip: Not top floor unless you are mobile.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We weren't staying the hotel but had car trouble and nipped in for advice. The staff were amazing, so helpful, let my partner use their landline and even offered to plate up some food for us to take back to our cottage as I was ill and stayed indoors while he ventured out in to the night and the wild weather to get help. Once the car was sorted however the hotel Kitchen was closed but the staff sent my partner back to the cottage with sandwiches, crisps and salad for us which they made up themselves. They couldn't have been more accommodating, they really went out of their way for us even though we were staying at their hotel.

The restaurant food is beautifully cooked and served. The hotel is warm, beautifully furnished and decorated and has a well stocked bar. The meals are varied and even I found things on the menu to eat, being a picky eater that can be difficult, although I imagine if I'd wanted something different the chef would likely have been happy to accommodate.

This is the perfect treat to end a long walk, I can't recommend it enough

Thank you so much for being brilliant and going above and beyond for us

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MsMadHatter
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My (now) husband and I held our wedding here beginning of April and also stayed over along with all our guests. From start to finish we all had such an amazing time due to the quality and experience of all the staff and owner(s). The hotel and it’s features are just beautiful and the bedrooms are fabulous all with their own individual features and some great views. There were 20 of us to please in the restaurant, most having a request or preference to their food spec and every single dish came as ordered and to perfection. The food was absolutely delicious, very good quality and also good portion size too. Our final but not certainly not the least praise is to all of the staff, especially Amanda and Kay, who ran the whole stay to a tee and with such ease making it such an enjoyable and relaxing time. We're looking forward to spending many anniversaries, birthdays and whatever other excuses I can find to come and stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but the suites with views are well worth the extra pennies.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel but did have luncheon a misty midweek day. It was excellent food, in great surroundings. I would certainly go back to eat again. The food was very tasty, and presented well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mrchum
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed the stay. Hotel staff very friendly and breakfast is first class with plenty of choice on the menu for you to eat what you like. Black pudding is my favourite and not all places cater for this. The kippers are also excellent, rooms are well kept and cosy. The church bells and the morning cockerel do not spoil the enjoyment of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goathland
Raithwaite Estate
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 2 in Robin Hood's Bay
The Endeavour Restaurant with Rooms

Been to The Mallyan Spout Hotel? Share your experiences!