“Cottage in goathland”
other travellers have booked this property
Hawthorn cottage Goathland.
Luxurious relaxation in our private hot tub Spacious lounge.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hawthorn cottage Goathland.
Luxurious relaxation in our private hot tub
Spacious lounge.
King size bed, in our huge master suite bedroom.
Beautiful lounge and Fireplace
Cosy open fire for those winter nights.
Large well equipped kitchen.
Additional seating.
Double oven.
Ground floor Bathroom.
Luxurious ground floor family Bathroom with walk in shower.
Ground floor twin. Bedroom 4.
Ground floor twin.
Twin with spectacular views.
Double room 5, accessed by a separate staircase.
Twin, accessed by separate staircase.
Twin room bedroom 6
Beautifully furnished Master Bedroom with dual aspect views.
King Size Master Bedroom.
Ensuite to Master.
Daybed and trundle (2 x full sized singles)
Bedroom 2, twin.
Bedroom 2
Large deep bath for a relaxing soak!
Village shops.
Games room.
Village shops
Hot Tub with a view!
6 Person Hot Tub with underfloor heating.
Kingsize Master bedroom.
View of Whitby and the Abbey
North York Moors Railway famous for Harry Potter Scenes
Heather
Bedroom 3, king size.  Next to bathroom.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

alisonjon...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Cottage in goathland”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Had a wonderful family birthday in September.despite the weather,the cottage was private,comfortable and in an area of Yorkshire that is absolutely beautiful.
Michelle was lovely and we did a great walk from the cottage up into goathland,with the steam train adding it's magic.
The hot tub was very welcome to our tired legs.
The only downside was two of the bedrooms where along way from the bathroom which in the night seemed like miles!
Would definitely stay again though.
Kitchen was small and didn't sit 14 comfortably and the fact that the cottage is advertised as sleeping 14 is slightly misleading as only 6 bedrooms!
If you have a family of 4 sharing the master bedroom however this works well.
Overall a fantastic place to stay.

Management Response
2 Oct 2017
Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're glad that you had a wonderful stay.

Yes the weather is something I wish I could influence! I have spoken to trip advisor regarding our listing and the number of bedrooms etc and they verified that I was following their strict guidelines and there was little else I could write on the advert. Yes two of the bedrooms are further away from the bathroom than others. Due to the size and layout of the house there is little we are currently able to do about this. The property is situated within the National park and we are restricted by tight planning restrictions. The kitchen I would consider large, but we will endeavour to alter the seating arrangements for larger parties.
Michelle and team.
Corina N
“Absolutely Stunning!”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

A beautiful cottage with everything we could possibly need to make our stay fantastic. The views are gorgeous and the owner was so warm and welcoming. My family and I had a truly relaxing experience and would highly recommend staying here.

vivenrick
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS 50th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Hawthorne Cottage, Goathland , This was a long weekend for my 50th Birthday Birthday with 10 close friends and family . Michelle the owner of the cottage was there to meet me a loverly friendly lady and she had allowed my daughter and friend to decorate the house before I got there , the house is beautiful spotlesly clean and ideal for us all , we stayed for three nights it was perfect for cooking large meals and room to dance the night away with a roaring fire and full heating in all areas , the hot tub topped the weekend of fabulous sat listening to Spotify with the doors open looking out over the countryside , while outside was minus 1. The wifi which is in ever area of the property is better than at home and to say the property is on the Yorkshire moors, plus sky tv if you want to watch it. All towels and toiletries are provided if needed and plenty of hot water. We enjoyed to big walks and amazing scenery to Goathland and a couple of drinks at the local pub and there is a shop if needed. I must say I have stayed at other properties for birthdays etc and this is outstanding compared to any hotel and guest house in the uk at the same price range . I would and hope I do get chance to stay there again .

Babydebs
Durham, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

My family and friends (13 of us) spent 4 days here over New Year and it was fantastic. In beautiful location Near the lovely village of Goathland. The minute we stepped in the cottage we felt like we were home. Michelle was an amazing host and very helpful, everything we needed was available. The children ranging from 6 to 14 loved the place and not once did I hear "I am bored" . Wonderful place we will certainly be returning in the future.

Melissawa...
“Fantastic stay for friends 50th”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Myself and 13 friends have just returned from Hawthorn cottage for my friends 50th, the cottage is stunning and we were all blown away. All the beds were very comfy and we all had a great nights sleep. Michelle was very helpful and kindly put banners and balloons up for my friend and the two bottles of fizz were welcome extra. We loved the hot tub and spent hours in it on the Friday night. The cottage is very well equipped with everything you could possibly need. We pre booked Whitby taxis to take us into Whitby and back and would also recommend them. There is a very well equipped games room also.
Thank you so much Michelle for letting us hire your cottage Donna said she had an amazing time and this was echoed by the rest of us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All of it
Liked least: Nothing everything was perfect
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
beany1986
“Wow just wow”
Reviewed 19 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Wow is all I can say. The pictures on here are fantastic but still don't do this cottage justice. We came for a girly weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. Stunning location and the finishing touches in the cottage made our stay perfect. Highly recommended.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing