“Lovely cottage, great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Hawthorn cottage Goathland.
Luxurious relaxation in our private hot tub Spacious lounge.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hawthorn cottage Goathland.
Luxurious relaxation in our private hot tub
Spacious lounge.
King size bed, in our huge master suite bedroom.
Beautiful lounge and Fireplace
Cosy open fire for those winter nights.
Large well equipped kitchen.
Additional seating.
Double oven.
Ground floor Bathroom.
Luxurious ground floor family Bathroom with walk in shower.
Ground floor twin. Bedroom 4.
Ground floor twin.
Twin with spectacular views.
Double room 5, accessed by a separate staircase.
Twin, accessed by separate staircase.
Twin room bedroom 6
Beautifully furnished Master Bedroom with dual aspect views.
King Size Master Bedroom.
Ensuite to Master.
Daybed and trundle (2 x full sized singles)
Bedroom 2, twin.
Bedroom 2
Large deep bath for a relaxing soak!
Village shops.
Games room.
Village shops
Hot Tub with a view!
6 Person Hot Tub with underfloor heating.
Kingsize Master bedroom.
View of Whitby and the Abbey
North York Moors Railway famous for Harry Potter Scenes
Heather
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Patricia...
“Lovely cottage, great location”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Fourteen adults had a great family weekend. Pool table and hot tub a real bonus when the weather stopped us enjoying the surrounding area. Lovely views, Coast 15 min. drive away. Cottage fitted out very well with everything you could possibly need and big enough for large party. Very welcoming owner and welcome pack.

7 Nov 2017
Thank you Trisha for your review and kind words. Glad you all enjoyed Hawthorn Cottage and the surrounding area, Michelle & team.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

28 Oct 2017
Thank you for your review Carol. I'm so pleased your weekend was a success and that your Dad had a memorable Birthday with you all. Michelle.
carol67_1...
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“80th celebration ”
Reviewed 16 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Booked Hawthorne cottage for a surprise for my dad's 80th
The cottage is absolutely stunning surrounded by fields and sheep
Can not fault It in anyway
It is well equipped with everything you could possibly want .
The owner even trimmed the cottage up with ballons and banners for my dad's 80th
I would defiantly recommend this cottage .

nando2_10
north east of england
“50th Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 21 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

A beautiful cottage in a fabulous setting, Michelle, the owner, a lovely lady was there to meet the first arrivals. She explained everything to my granddaughters. She left flowers, a bottle of Prosecco, and other nice surprises which were gratefully received.
The cottage was excellent, spotlessly clean and very well equipped.
We were there to celebrate my daughter's 50th birthday and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it, ages ranging from 6 to 78.
Walks from the cottage were super. After a lot of rain Mallyan Spout Waterfall was a fabulous sight, even my granddaughters, ages 26, 24 and 20 and grandson aged 6 thought it fun.
The games room and hot tub were also very popular.

All in all we had a lovely couple of days and would certainly return.

Thank you Michelle.

2 Oct 2017
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and the first group. We do try our best to please everyone and keep our standards high. You would be more than welcome anytime at Hawthorn Cottage. Michelle and team.
alisonjon...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Cottage in goathland”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Had a wonderful family birthday in September.despite the weather,the cottage was private,comfortable and in an area of Yorkshire that is absolutely beautiful.
Michelle was lovely and we did a great walk from the cottage up into goathland,with the steam train adding it's magic.
The hot tub was very welcome to our tired legs.
The only downside was two of the bedrooms where along way from the bathroom which in the night seemed like miles!
Would definitely stay again though.
Kitchen was small and didn't sit 14 comfortably and the fact that the cottage is advertised as sleeping 14 is slightly misleading as only 6 bedrooms!
If you have a family of 4 sharing the master bedroom however this works well.
Overall a fantastic place to stay.

2 Oct 2017
Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're glad that you had a wonderful stay.

Yes the weather is something I wish I could influence! I have spoken to trip advisor regarding our listing and the number of bedrooms etc and they verified that I was following their strict guidelines and there was little else I could write on the advert. Yes two of the bedrooms are further away from the bathroom than others. Due to the size and layout of the house there is little we are currently able to do about this. The property is situated within the National park and we are restricted by tight planning restrictions. The kitchen I would consider large, but we will endeavour to alter the seating arrangements for larger parties.
Michelle and team.
Corina N
“Absolutely Stunning!”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

A beautiful cottage with everything we could possibly need to make our stay fantastic. The views are gorgeous and the owner was so warm and welcoming. My family and I had a truly relaxing experience and would highly recommend staying here.

vivenrick
yorkshire
“FABULOUS 50th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Hawthorne Cottage, Goathland , This was a long weekend for my 50th Birthday Birthday with 10 close friends and family . Michelle the owner of the cottage was there to meet me a loverly friendly lady and she had allowed my daughter and friend to decorate the house before I got there , the house is beautiful spotlesly clean and ideal for us all , we stayed for three nights it was perfect for cooking large meals and room to dance the night away with a roaring fire and full heating in all areas , the hot tub topped the weekend of fabulous sat listening to Spotify with the doors open looking out over the countryside , while outside was minus 1. The wifi which is in ever area of the property is better than at home and to say the property is on the Yorkshire moors, plus sky tv if you want to watch it. All towels and toiletries are provided if needed and plenty of hot water. We enjoyed to big walks and amazing scenery to Goathland and a couple of drinks at the local pub and there is a shop if needed. I must say I have stayed at other properties for birthdays etc and this is outstanding compared to any hotel and guest house in the uk at the same price range . I would and hope I do get chance to stay there again .

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing