“Almost excellent but noisy”

SwissEver Hotel Zug
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cham
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I slept as goo as I hadn't slept in days. A bad point was the noise: elevators were too noisy and people was shouting along the corridor. Anyway, once I felt asleep, I really enjoyed my sleeping! :-)

It was great having free roiboos tea in the room and the bathroom was quite big, also the room.

Pictures hanging on the room's wall were really nice references to the Swiss culture, which I enjoyed.

The worst point was not getting dinner as I had asked in the hotel's restaurant.

Room Tip: Great for business stays but you depend on a car or taxi.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel is modern and somewhat bland, stuck on the outskirts of Cham next to the motorway with very little nearby.

The rooms are modern and very clean. It has international TV but the signal is a bit hit and miss. You do get free Wi-Fi which is okay but not very fast (you have to pay extra for high speed internet). You can't control your room temperature and it was too warm for me. I couldn't sleep with the windows open as I was on the motorway side of the hotel. The beds are comfortable but pillows are next to useless.

The staff in the hotel are friendly when you can find them Ate in the restaurant once and the food was okay if not great value for money. Breakfast is poor for 20CHF - basic cold buffet, serve yourself drinks and then hot food of sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs if the staff remember to top them up.

Overall, it is okay for a night or two when on business but I won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Go to Lucerne instead
Reviewed 22 May 2014

As in a previous visit, the hotel was good value for money and the service was good. If there is anything to improve, it would be the food quality. But the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the accommodation and good reachability next to the highway are great for any visitor to the region. Would stay there again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

you will find a clean average room here, poor restaurant and breakfast looked inedible. overall I would stay here again.. Just a shame the fire alarm went off 3 times the night we stayed! Wouldn't want to stay here more than 1 night at a time.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is new so we expected to have a good experience in the restaurant. Unfortunately it was not like this. The menu was extremely simple and at the same time too expensive. It was just one salad and one "fish and chips". The quality of the fish was awful and I am sure it was frozen. They were not the authentic "fish and chips". My partner asked for a Fondue but the quality was again horrible. We are not going to eat there again,, our experience was disappointing.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Olivier-Rappai, General Manager at SwissEver Hotel Zug, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Marianne K

Thank you for your comments. I am a little shocked and also very dissapointed about the experience you had in the Swiss Chalet restaurant of the SwissEver Hotel. It seems it was not our evening at all!

I can only apologise for this situation and cannot hide my embarrassment for what seems to have been served to you.

I am sorry! If you have the time and will, please take the time to contact me personally as I would like to have a chance to prove you that the night you were here is not our standard.

I would very much look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for letting me know about your discontent.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

On the surface the SwissEver is a perfectly functional business hotel in an odd location (it is a CHF50 taxi ride from Zug). The main problem is the location on a very busy intersection and the uncontrollable heating. When the temperature falls at night the heating comes on automatically and at night my room became a sauna. I spent two very disturbed nights waking up at 3am uncontrollably hot and unable to get back to sleep. Opening the windows made a marginal difference until increased disturbance from traffic racing past began about an hour later. On a business trip with little time to raise this with the hotel I left exhausted. My other colleagues had the same hot and sleepless/noisy experience in different parts of the hotel. In the summer it must be even more unbearable.The few staff at this hotel try very hard when you can find them as they disappear for periods while they do other jobs. Curious to find half a kitchen in the wardrobe but no iron in the room. I am very sorry to write this review as in other circumstances in another location I would have enjoyed this hotel and the very spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the intersection and forecourt as possible so that you can at least...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Olivier-Rappai, General Manager at SwissEver Hotel Zug, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Chrisfelix

I am utterly sorry you felt your stay to be so unpleasant that it just made the 20% mark. I take your comments very seriously, especially because you are a very experienced business traveler who stayed in many hotels. Your feedback is highly disturbing but I am glad I receive such honest comments. These allow me to take corrective actions in order to prevent recurring problems in the future.

Regarding the uncontrollable heating, the SwissEver Hotel is equipped with a „Minergy“ kind of infrastructure. This a very ecological system of heating, but apparently there seems to be a problem. Please be assure that I will speak to the technicians as the temperature in your room should always be pleasant. I am very sorry, you could not find any sleep during your stay and I deeply apologise for your miscomfort.

Your room was a Studio Suite with 48sqm, which is also equipped with a kitchenette allowing to be more self contained while staying at the hotel for a longer period of time. And it is correct that the room does not feature an iron and ironing board but we would have been happy to provide you with one.

It is very unfortunate that you were charged CHF 50 for the taxi transfer as we offer special tariffs to our guests.

Thank you again for your honest critique. I will take care of the above mentioned heating issue.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

One night stop-over on the way to skiing holiday. Well located next to autobahn, but still quiet rooms. Clean, quiet, well-equipped rooms, decent restaurant, good WIFI-connection. Indeed little bit on the warm side at night, and we couldn't find a way to adjust. Reasonably prized, so definitely worthwhile a come back and a recommendation to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Olivier-Rappai, General Manager at SwissEver Hotel Zug, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Robert v

Thank you very much for taking the time to write these comments about your stay with us. I am happy to read that we were able to extend your good feelings about your skiing holiday on your overnight stay here in Cham.

The hotel is heated with the ecological system similar to "Minergy" which has many advantages but the down side is that the cooling system might be a little delayed when sudden weather changes occur. The result is, that the stored warmth in the hotel remains a little longer.

We hope your next skiing holiday takes you again to pass our region and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the SwissEver.

Olivier Rappai

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cham
Quality Swisshotel Zug
#1 of 1 in Rotkreuz
Parkhotel Zug
Parkhotel Zug
#2 of 8 in Zug

Been to SwissEver Hotel Zug? Share your experiences!