“Fantastic, warm and pleasant stay”
Review of Trimnells House

Trimnells House
Ranked #1 of 1 Colerne B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, warm and pleasant stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Trimnells House as part of the spa package linked with using the amazing facilities offered at Lucknam Park and I have to say we were not disappointed. Mark and Sue were very friendly and the package was very accommodating, with a hearty breakfast made completely to order, spacious and clean room to sleep in with very generous toiletries included, and a transfer to and from the spa itself all included in the amazing deal. All in all we had a relaxing time as the surrounding area is idyllic with tons of character and history attached to it and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Superior Room will not disappoint
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Four of us stayed at Trimnells House in May this year. We were collected from the train station at no extra charge which was great as we didn't know the area.
Our room was clean and bright with plenty of room for us all. The bathroom facilities were clean and the shower was great, no loss of power at all.
The breakfast was was cooked to perfection and we were looked after the whole time by Mark and Sue who were very attentive ensuring we had enough food, tea and coffee.
We would highly recommend this B&B and Mark and Sue were helpful and polite the whole time during our stay, nothing was too much trouble.
It was a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We booked a 1-night spa break through Last Minute for Trimnells House and the Lucknam Park Spa and it was an amazing experience. The room was huge for the both of us, with an incredibly comfortable bed and small touches here and there, like coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and biscuits on a bedside table; a good selection of toiletries; a very thorough handbook on transport and things to do in the area; and so on. Breakfast the next day was fresh and delicious. Getting to Trimnells House from London without a car was surprisingly easy: we took a National Express bus to Bath Spa, then got on the 228 to Colerne. The owners gave us a lift to the (very, very luxurious) spa, but after we were done we decided to enjoy the scenery and walk back. I'd definitely recommend Trimnells House if you're looking to get away from the city and experience the real English countryside for a bit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Trimnells House during our last minute Spa Break at Lucknam's Park. We stayed in the Superior room and I have to say I was amazed. It was spacious, clean and the same goes for the en-suite. I have to add the mattress and duvet was the most comfortable ones I have ever experienced and had one of my best most peaceful nights sleep. I would highly recommend this place to anyone for a quick getaway in this area. We had great food in a local pub, where everyone was really friendly. We visited Bath that is near by- about 20 minute drive. The breakfast was lovely and made to order. The owners were friendly. Definitely worth it.. :)

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CatTw3p
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed at Trimnells with my wife and two-year-old son Theo for a relaxing March weekend visiting friends. The room we stayed in was huge, with a fabulously comfortable main bed and a good-sized single bed for our son. It was also very clean and well decorated. It was a shame there was no bath, but the shower was more than adequate.

After an excellent dinner at the local pub The Bell Inn in Yatton Keynell (about 15 minutes drive away), breakfast the next day was fantastic - made to order and with everything you could possibly want.

All in all this was a very pleasant stay. If you book Trimnells, you're very unlikely to be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dom B
Worcester
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I arrived in the late evening, left early morning and did not have breakfast on both days so can only really review the room. One of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The room was large, warm, light, refurbished and immaculately clean. The furniture and decoration was comfortable, stylish and perfectly appropriate for the building. The bathroom had large shower, nice toiletries and fluffy towels. Every little detail like the tea tray, lighting and even ample power sockets was done so well. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen13
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Beautiful farmhouse converted into a B and B. The owners adore the house and it shows through the care and attention they have put into making the B and B a totally relaxing stay.
I can't fault the room and it's facilities, the en-suite bathroom, or the breakfast and service from owners.
I love the fact that mountain bikers are welcome and that they even have a place to wash and lock your bike.
No need for car in the evening as there are two great local pubs for food that are just a few minutes stroll from B and B.
I can't wait to go back later this year!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lovely023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colerne
Lucknam Park
#3 of 4 in Corsham
The White Hart
The White Hart
#1 of 1 in Ford

Been to Trimnells House? Share your experiences!