“Marvelous Boutique Hotel in the Countryside with Great Service”
Review of Lucknam Park

Lucknam Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colerne
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The mile long tree shaded driveway that leads to this small luxury hotel is your first taste of the elegance that awaits.

The Coral Suite on the second floor was outstanding and my definite favorite in the house. Large combined bedroom and sitting room with lots of windows, comfortable sofas, coffee tables, and a four poster canopy bed.

(Unfortunately that sumptuous looking bed was quite uncomfortable, and I tossed and turned all night long. Time to perhaps add a featherbed, or at least get a new mattress!)

The wood floors in the entry were lovely, and closet space was very generous.
The most magnificent and huge mirrored marble bathroom I have ever had the pleasure to see, let alone use.

Food at breakfast and dinner was good, as was a yummy late afternoon snack I had in the Spa area.

Service was very helpful. Every member of staff was very nice, professional and handled all of my requests promptly and with a smile.

I enjoyed wandering through the stables, and giving the horses in the paddock some quartered apples and carrots given to me by the kitchen staff.
The grounds are blissfully quiet, except for the sound of birds chirping, and I love the romantic aura of it all.

I didn't have a chance to try the Spa, but I certainly will next time!
A one night stay really isn't enough to enjoy everything that the property has to offer - next time I shall stay three nights:)

Read more about Lucknam Park and see more photos on my website http://www.cinderella11pm.com

Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is one of the best spas I have been to in the UK and it remains memorable a year after we visited.
Fantastic indoor and outdoor pool, lovely changing facilities and toiletries as well as exceptional service from all who work here.
We were lucky enough to visit on an extremely sunny weekend and had cocktails at sunset outside as well as walks around the peaceful and quiet grounds and even a game of croquet.
Highly, highly recommended. I'm still struggling to find a spa that beats this one!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here as we were completing a Pastry Course with Richard Bertinet in Bath. The overiding quality of this hotel is the staff and the surroundings. Genuinely they must have chosen the nicest, friendliest people on the planet.
From the check in to the Restaurant Manager (special mention), the sommelier, the house keeping staff, the receptionist at the spa all made such an effort to genuinely enquire about our day/ stay.
We got an upgrade to a most beautiful room with a welcoming bottle of champagne and chocolates. We spent some time on the spa, and I would have loved to spend more time there as it was so peaceful.
We had booked dinner in the hotel for two reasons, we really enjoy trying Michelin rated food (don't get to very often!!) and also we enjoy watching Great British Menu and the executive chef won the Wales heat in 2011.
We went for the more expensive Degustation Menu, and to be perfectly honest we were a little disappointed with the food. And I really hate saying it as the rest of the experience was so perfect.
The canapes were gorgeous, as was the wine recommendation. The starter was lovely foie gras, a little tasteless but a nice sizes portion. The fish course of halibut was also a little tasteless but the hand rolled macaroni was delicious.
The main course was the most disappointing, the portion was really tiny, and quite tasteless, the pudding was fresh but also a bit uninspiring. As I said it really is a small complaint, but it would mean I would not eat from the tasting menu again, however we cannot wait until we can return again.
I would love to return, especially to try out the equestrian centre, and the rooms were spotless and sooo luxurious.

Room Tip: Be cheeky and ask for an upgrade
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Lucknam Park with friends. Absolutely beautiful!! We had a fabulous time. The room overlooked the magnificent one mile drive to the hotel and could see the horses in their paddocks from our window. Meals were excellent, spa was beautiful, and went for a lovely ride on the property. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meryl R
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Eventually got to stay at this hotel, having been recommended to it by a few people in recent years. Having stayed at many country house hotels, I am relieved to say that Lucknam Park lived up to its fine reputation. The attention to detail, combined with an exquisite dining experience and the amazing spa, ticked all the right boxes. The staff are all attentive and clearly proud of the hotel, which comes across.

An indulgence but so pleased to have eventually had the LP experience!

1  Thank paula a
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Some friends and I stayed at Lucknam Park for a hens weekend recently. The building is magnificent, staff are friendly and attentive and the restaurant is exquisite. The spa wasn't the best that I've been to but was still nice. I can highly recommend Lucknam Park for a special weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel Impecable service and probably the best food in the world. In this part of the Country no other hotel even comes close !

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Gourmet190770
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colerne
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Widbrook Grange
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon

Been to Lucknam Park? Share your experiences!