“Amazing food”

Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Steyning
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A cosy restaurant/cafe serving local produce on a fresh, monthly changing menu. Opening for breakfast and lunch daily, and dinner on a Friday and Saturday evening. Join us for our themed evenings including a monthly Thai weekend the first Friday and Saturday evening each month.
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasure to visit this restaurant and cafe. Service is professional and usually wonderful. Just had the most amazing halumi sandwich. Flavour was 'wow' I'm not a vegetarian but will be buying the halumi which is locally produced from the shop at the front of the café. Oh and they also do wonderful coffee :)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have frequently visited The Sussex Produce Company for morning coffee, lunch and dinner but had not been in since last December. I took my daughter and three granddaughters there for lunch on the opening day of the Steyning Festival and I have to say we had a lovely lunch. The interior of the shop has recently be revamped and it is lovely to see the 'tractor' back again and there is now a much more definite separation between the shop and the restaurant. The restaurant was busy but we were swiftly seated, and quickly provided with drinks, Our meals came shortly after ordering and were delicious. Congratulations Nick, Nina, Barry and all the staff for maintaining such a high standard of customer service.

1  Thank Pam P
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent evening good food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly, courteous and helpful staff. An excellent evening out with friends. The Sussex Produce Company café was as it used to be and we are looking forward to going there again. The food was very good and well presented and the service was excellent.
It is part of the Sussex Produce Company award winning shop - a treat in itself!

1  Thank BarcelonaPhilip
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times, it's a great place and something Steyning is very lucky to have in it's high street. The last time I was here I went for a special meal and had three delicious courses of food but I've also just popped in for a sandwhich or coffee. The food is all completely delicious. Recently I've had an amazing chicken liver style parfait / pate with chunky toasted bread, an open steak sandwich - meat nicely pink with creamy horseradish and dark leaf salad and sticky toffee pudding - sweet syrup heaven! The shop selling quality groceries and fruit and veg is somewhere I go every week. The staff are really helpful and friendly and every item on the shelves is something I want to buy and eat ASAP!

1  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had visited for breakfast and just for coffee before and always enjoyed the experience and the service. On Friday evening we enjoyed a fabulous dinner - the menu contained plenty of delicious sounding options - in fact I chose a starter followed by two further starters - the local Sussex goats cheese and beetroot were gorgeous, the asparagus, hollandaise sauce and eggs and hot smoked salmon similarly so. My husband enjoyed his Beef Wellington which was perfectly cooked and afterwards, we shared a tasty, beautifully presented and not too heavy summer pudding.
We'd recommend their gold medal winning Prosecco which had much more flavour than many supermarket Proseccos.
The menu clearly showed what options were, or could be gluten free, the staff were very attentive and friendly - overall we were very impressed.