“Slow Fast Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lifeboat Inn

The Lifeboat Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Selsey
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fish and seafood speciality restaurant
Corton, United Kingdom
“Slow Fast Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

A good pub lunch is all about what you are looking for. We like fresh produce, home cooked food all served in a good environment. The Lifeboat at Selsey sits in a great location within close proximity to the beach and the lifeboat station itself. There is an abundance of fresh produce available, however not much of it seemed to make its way on to the menu. It all feels a bit like mums gone to Iceland. To be fair that isn't a problem because the menu is priced to reflect this. There is no claim to be anything else with a large number of items under £5 It's not going to break the bank even if there are a few of you. So if you want a cheap lunch with no frills then this is for you.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Andrew D

Byfleet, England, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We visited this pub on Easter Weekend, at about 2.30p.m. the place was not overcrowded. the barman taking our order was quite curt and not very friendly. We then had to wait 50 minutes for our food, which was just snacks, not a 4 course meal, and then another 15 minutes for a coffee, that I was hoping to drink with my food. The food was quite good, but the waiting time was not good. No apologies for the delay.

• Visited April 2014
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Freshly refurbed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Friday night, a good buzzy atmosphere. Freshly refurbed pub, still smell the paint, but not off putting. Friendly service.
Returned midweek for early evening swift one, much more quiet as you would expect, but consistent, friendly service.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Erbanfochs
London, United Kingdom
“Veru busy on a Sunday lunchtime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went here a meal Sunday lunchtime after dropping in for a pint on the Saturday evening. The food was very good, a little expensive for a pub but good value for money. The service was fairly minimal and it was rather crowded and they had run out of crab which one of us had wanted. This was in January so I imagine it may be impossible in the tourist season.

• Visited January 2014
Heathrow
“4th Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I like to try a different Fish Dishes as most of it is caught locally - Smoked Haddock Mornay - a Béchamel sauce with grated Cheddar cheese with fresh salad and brown bread and my wife had Battered Mushrooms - both were delicious and the cider batter on the mushrooms was so light and crispy I could have eaten them all day. To follow I had Pheasant with an onion sauce with fresh vegetables - The sauce was not overbearing in taste and complimented the bird fantastically the cauliflower was cooked better than I've ever tasted. I had some mushy veg before but this was cooked correctly with a semi firm cut to it. My wife had the beef Cobbler - too much meat and dumplings for I so I had to help. The gravy was very rich and beefy - when I complemented the owner I asked to find out it was a beer and wine stock used. With alcohol and soft drinks this came to less than £36. Will go again soon.

• Visited January 2014