“Service gone downhill.”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Milton Keynes
“Service gone downhill.”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We used to go to this restaurant all the time, then last year on two occasions we had to wait over an hour for our mains after having the poppadoms, once it was an hour and a half so we stopped going in there for a meal. This weekend we decided to give it another go and the service was really slow again, over an hours for our mains. It wasn't just us that were getting unhappy people on other tables were saying how bad it was. The lady on the table next to us had waited so long for her meal that she just couldn't eat it, she asked to have it put in containers so that she could take it home. Another table actually got up and left because they had waited so long. The meal when it came wasnt really hot either. Such a shame, a good restarant but it has really slipped in the service catagory. We will not go in there for a meal again. After 13 years they have now lost our custom. We will still order a takeaway from them but as for sitting in and eating I am sorry but that is now finished.

• Visited June 2013
Abdul G, Manager at New Magna Tandoori Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Good customer service is at the heart of our business. Our staff live by these values to ensure every customer is satisfied, however at busy periods it can be quite difficult to keep up, none the less we do try to keep the waiting times to a minimum. We continuously try to improve our service standards. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
As the New Magna Manager I am always at your service, please let me know if you are unhappy and I myself will try my best to resolve your problem. Please do visit us again and we will try to make it up to you.

Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Not how I remembered New Magna at all...AWFUL!”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I don't usually bother to review places, but I felt this deserved some time, but certainly not to promote it. We ate there last weekend and I assured my curry loving partner he was in for a treat. How wrong was I! For starters the staff were abrupt and unfriendly and looked irritated at having to serve us at all as they had been at the bar chatting when we arrived. Never the less I once again told my partner he was going to love the food. We ordered some Poppadoms and these had clearly been cooked in very old oil as they had that awful bitter/burnt after taste so we left them. Not once did any staff member enquire as to why. We didn't complain as that alone would have been forgiveable although disappointing. So the starters... when it came it looked fantastic however the taste did not back it up at all, it was all completely bland. and the lamb in the mixed starter was like chewing on old leather. Once again a lot was left and no one asked if everything was ok. I was still hopeful for the mains as when I've been here in the past it has always been good. When the mains came we decided to just eat quickly and leave, once again the food was bland no taste just a little spice. I had a chicken dish and the I had to search for the tiny pieces of rubbery chicken in the sauce. It was cut up so finely as if to use their ingredients sparingly. We said to eachother that once again if the fact that half the food had not been touched went unquestioned it would even be pretty pointless to complain as the staff clearly had no care for the service provided or the standard of food, we would just never go back and also ensure no one we knew would either. Surprise, surprise our full plates again were not questioned and we were brought the bill and then tutted at for paying by card! (Taking off the service charge) I'm still apologising to partner now as I had been telling him how good it was on the way! Not sure what has happened to the New Magna but it is not good, and will undoubtedly begin to lose even the most loyal and regular customers if it continues. Maybe they were just having an "off day" but it was bad enough that I wouldn't even consider giving it a second chance! Just terrible!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Claire S
Swinton, United Kingdom
“nice food.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

lighting a bit dim, coffee had carnation milk in it but food lovely;waiters very friendly and helpful.

Abdul G, Manager at New Magna Tandoori Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Jacqui for your custom. Glad you enjoyed your food. As for for the dim lighting, almost all Indian restaurants have a dimmer light some even prefer candle-light dinner for a romantic dinner, but sorry you didn't like the lighting. And again for coffee, some people like carnation and some like cream but maybe the waiters forgot to ask what you would like, apologies for that. Hope to see you again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice food, great service”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Had the tandoori mixed grill which was one the nicest I've had. The lamb was very tender and chicken beautifully succulent.
Had a Bangla beer which I highly recommend
Need to look at the lighting, it was a little dark

Thanks Neil, glad you liked your food and the popular Bangla Beer, You have good choices in foods and drinks.

Selsey, United Kingdom
“Selsey's Best Indian”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

I have been going there since it first opened.

Abdul and his staff are always very polite and efficient.

Great Indian food.

Often go with the Local Curry Club, always good, highly recommended.

Thank you Ricky for your kind comment and your long term loyal custom with us.