“Great Hotel”

Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Just came back from a two night break at this hotel. At £79per room pn on a special offer break. Room was clean with everything you need inc fruit and bottled water. The food in the restaurant was very good but didnt get chance to try the food at Houston's bar and grill. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of car parking spaces. Was able to use spa at sister hotel but didnt have time to use it. Had a good selection of whisky that we did try!.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nitro57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed 4 July 2011

The hotel was nice and friendly, the food was excellent and everything worked. The breakfast was particularly good and the staff went out of their way to look after us. The area is also beautiful and we used it as a base to go to Warwick, Leamington Spa and Stratford Upon Avon. We will remember this hotel and trip for some time to come. Thank you Manor Hotel.

Room Tip: Room 419 was excellent and away fron bar area
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I was at a conference and stayed overnight. The bedroom was fine - nothing out of the ordinary but comfortable enough. Its a modern enough hotel with good conference facilities, but in the dark ages in terms of modern communications. Wi-fi (which was free) was only available in the front lounge area and not that strong. Worse still there was no mobile reception in the hotel, certainly none in the bedrooms. Many of us resorted to sitting out on the front terrace to get mobile reception - lucky it wasnt raining. This is pretty unnacceptable in a hotel that advertises itself as geared up for conferences and business meeting facilities.

And when I used the bedroom phone for a free phone call I was charged for it!! Although when I protested at check-out they did refund the charge.

For the lack of mobile reception in the hotel, this is not one I will be returning to.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Flying from Birmingham early am, we chose this hotel at £79 for room, parking and taxi transfers.
Warm and welcoming environment, room was a decent size and very clean and comfortable. We ate at their Houstons Bar and Grill, which served nice enough pub grub and a decent pint.

Taxi was ready and waiting for us in the morning, took less than ten minutes to get the airport. Transfer back to hotel was just as efficient - made the call and they arrived in five minutes.

Shall be staying here again next time we fly from Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed on a Saturday night with the step into spring for £99 DBB. Fantastic value. Food was excellent and hotel clean and staff welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from wedding venues
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before we flew out on holiday and it was superb. We ate in the grill restaurant in the evening and the food was excellent although a little slow due to being so busy it really did'nt matter. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. We left our car there for 2 weeks whilst on holiday and used the hotel shuttle service which was easily the best we have ever used on both the airport and return trips.
We would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I stayed in room 409 - it appears to be next to a room that contains a pump or machine of some sort and was kept awake all night from the noise

It was late when I got to my room and I had already got into bed when I started hearing the noise

I thought it would pass but it remained constant all night

I toyed with the idea of getting up and asking for a new room but at silly o clock - I thought that by the time I had repacked and changed - Id be wide awake and wouldnt be able to sleep again

The next day I asked a gentleman who works at the hotel about it and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldnt hear it

Then breakfast was a shambles with 3 out of 8 of my parties breakfast going out incorret and cold

I prob wouldnt mention this in isolation but after a sleepless night it was the last straw

Other bits of the hotel looked ok although others in our party said their rooms were cold - mine was hot - maybe beause I appeared to be sleeping next to an engine room!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nelsmels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#4 of 28 in Solihull
Ramada Birmingham Solihull

Been to Best Western Plus Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Manor Hotel

Address: 127 Main Road, Meriden, Solihull CV7 7NH, England (Formerly Best Western Plus Manor Nec Birmingham)
Region: United Kingdom > England > West Midlands > Solihull > Meriden
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Price Range: £53 - £159 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western Plus Manor Hotel 4*
Superb 4 Star Hotel, situated at the very Heart of England in the beautiful village of Meriden.Ideally located for The National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick and Stratford. We are excited to announce that our new Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill is now open; and this stunning restaurant offers affordable glamour and a delicious menu of fresh seasonal produce. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Manor Hotel Coventry