“Excellent!”

Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here the night before flying on holiday. Our room was clean and spacious and the staff were very friendly. We had a complimentary taxi to the airport the next morning, as we left our car at the hotel, and on our arrival back from our holiday. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GeoffP919
Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Booked via travelzoo Stayed 1 Sept 2012 whilst visiting NEC, perfect. Great food in the fine dinning resturant great service. Package incuded evening meal and breakfast. Only 10 minutes from NEC.
The only down side that I did notice was that there didn't seem to be a lift in the hotel, which wasn't an issue, but is worth knowing.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

What a great place to visit. Fab hotel great staff and just a great day away. Great pub in the heart of the village and good selection of shops. The hotel is located well with a great bar and grill. Will come back

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed in room 118 for a friends wedding, also at the hotel.

The room was tired looking and in need of modernising. It was spacious and clean though. We were right by the fire exit that was propped open most of the time. On night one people were in and out to smoke etc until 5am and the doors are so heavy each time they closed it was seriously noisey and woke us up. Not good.

I prefer a shower screen to a curtain but other than that the bathroom was nice. We ran out of toilet roll though! Bed was comfy and tv was huge!

The couple next door had VERY loud bedroom "activity" until the small hours but that's not the hotels fault and I guess that's life and at least she sounded VERY happy!!!!

Breakfast was good though I would have liked proper butter rather than sunflower spread and it was lacking fried bread. Sausages were particularly good and the choice was substantial.

My friends wedding went well but some of the staff were overworked (same lady served us dinner at 6pm that served us breakfast at 7.30am!) and so lacked some cheer.

I wouldn't rush back there and think £75 per night was very overpriced for what was basically a large travel lodge!

If we hadn't have been staying for the wedding I would have liked it less but when at such a happy occassion it's hard to be grumpy about a room!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions over the years on both business and pleasure. I had recently booked a business trip in Birmingham & decided to book the Manor. The trip was subsequently cancelled and I phoned the hotel to cancel the room. Granted i was an hour outside of their cancellation period, but still the staff were very dismissive (it reminded me of the Little Britain sketch...."the computer said NO!") & showed no flexibility at all. I was very polite and asked if i could move the reservation to another date....and every date i wanted, the hotel was fully booked, very strange. I found an available date in October and the receptionist said she would check with the manager & call me back. It never happened, so i phoned them. I was told i would get a call later....i got a call the next morning who said they couldnt transfer the booking to October because it was too far ahead (err, it's 3 weeks away!).

I am very disappointed having stayed here on several occasions and at the sister hotel, The Windwill.

I will never stay here or at The WIndwill again. All i wanted was a bit of flexibility - I didnt want a refund. The staff were patronising and paid lip service.

If you're planning to stay here....I would make sure that you're not going to cancel, because you may get the same treatment....with text book answers!.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the Coventry area i can use instead?

1  Thank Pot&Pan
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed last night - arrived at 10.30pm after late flight into Birmingham - only 10 mins away. Good welcome, clean tidy, well equipped room, easy wifi access. Food / breakfast was fine.

Would definitely use again - the real test...

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stopped here the night before our holiday to Greece flying from Birmingham Airport . Very impressive frontage to the hotel and in a lovely peaceful location . On arrival the receptionist was extremely efficient and polite ,everything is well organised . Carpark for 15 days holiday parking is at the back of the hotel and is huge and seemed very secure so we were happy .The rooms were very nice and of a good standard . Our Taxi was booked for early the next morning and it arrived 15 minutes early, so very impressed and it only took 10 mins to the airport . We will be definately using this hotel again if we fly from Birmingham Airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#7 of 28 in Solihull
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Ramada Birmingham Solihull

Been to Best Western Plus Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!