“very nicel hotel friendly staff and got at an excellent price”

Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 9 February 2014

having stopped here for the last 3 nights booking via the Best Western winter deals website. on arrival i asked for a room upgrade as a diamond member and was given a four poster room which was large very clean really comfy bed large ...nice bathroom with powerful shower.. ate in houstons bar each niight food and service excellent...breakfast was buffet self service and wide range and good quality food ...very nice hotel friendly helpful staff and got at a very good price

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jetboot
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your three night stay here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly your room upgrade and the food and service in our Houston’s Bar & Grill.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future, you can also contact our reservations team on 01676 522735.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

excellent location for lg arena. would use again.staff from reception to the bar to the cleaners were very helpful.hotel is in good state of repair with no issues whatsoever.breakfast very good and bar prices not too expensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 31 January 2014

having arrived after 9pm, the young trainee receptionist coped well with the rush. From the outside the hotel look well and did not disappoint when inside. leaving my bag in the room I went for a snack. arriving in the bar at 9.30 the restaurant closed at 9.45, order the pulled pork it was well presented hot and tasty. Rooms was spacious and comfortable I did not sleep that well but this was due to have to get up early for another flight the next morning. Will return to this if I am in the area again.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Manor Hotel Meriden for a night in October on business. Being on a main road, it was easy enough to find but the first thing I noticed was that parking was very tight – getting into the space was doable but getting out of the car was a separate matter, especially as all the other hotel guests (like me) had “big” cars with long doors!

Reception staff were friendly enough, the hotel is “sprawling” so it was a bit of a walk to my ground floor room and the walls a bit thin. The décor was a bit old-fashioned, I thought it could have done with a bit of modernisation but it was in keeping with a 4* hotel. The room was okay, but very dark and (being autumn and chilly when I arrived) I wasn’t happy that the radiator wasn’t turned on. The bathroom was standard for a 4* hotel and the bed was comfortable so overall it was fine for a night. Yet again the room was inadequately lit, there weren’t enough powerpoints to charge all my devices overnight so it did mean making an effort to swap leads to have adequate power for the next day there were tea-making facilities but no fridge. Breakfast was included and I popped into the dining room – which was a nicely appointed and very large public room – to have a look as I didn’t fancy anything. There was a huge spread but it was all very standard, I’d much rather have less food on display but food of a better quality. The bar was small but there was a nice Regency-style lounge area, although again small.

Would I return? Probably not out of choice, I would have gone elsewhere if I was intending to use the room for anything other than sleeping purposes. This was my 10-hour experience: it was dark when I got there, dark in the room, dark when I left in the morning so if there was anything much to enjoy about the hotel I must have missed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank I-veritas
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed recently on a Sunday Night prior to an important family occasion, the hotel is quite impressive and I was quickly checked in. The bedroom was great, comfortable, warm and the food in the restaurant was great. This is however where my positive experience ended. I got woke up at just after 1am by people fighting on the car park. I had booked a wake up call but didn't receive one, when I asked the night porter about this he was very apologetic, explaining that he staff who had been on the night before were from another hotel and hadn't booked it properly. This was a Sunday Night and the hotel seemed very quiet apart from a loud party upstairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Antony M
Reviewed 28 January 2014

a surprisingly good hotel, welcoming reception, a very good grill with very attentive staff. The room is very comfortable, the bathroom does what it needs to do and the facilities achieve what they should.

the only downside, and probably holds them back on so many fronts, but out of their control is the absolute lack of a mobile signal. This would deter my corporate business from taking advantage from a well laid out hotle and conference centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#4 of 28 in Solihull
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Ramada Birmingham Solihull

Been to Best Western Plus Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!