“Lovely but.....”

Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here yesterdayits a beautifully clean and well presented hotel. The rooms are clean and rather spacious the cpuld do with some modernising but otherwise perfect. We had a three course evening meal in the American style restaurant., the food was delicious the staff were attentive and the atmosphere was great. The only downside to this wonderful hotel and a lovely trip away with my husband was the breakfast. We waited but the restaurant doors for 5 mins before deciding to seat ourselves. All tables that had been set up for breakfast had been uaed and not cleared but staff and reset for other guests meaning when we sat down someone had to come clear the table and set it while we were sat waiting. We noticed as people left that not once were the tables cleared and several people to entered after us were also left wairing while a table was set for them. There is a massive selection to eat and most of it was lovely, but all hot food was cold. That being said the hotel is lovely and staff that we dealt with in th evening were great. I would recommend it but would also recommend going out for breakfast

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, following your recent stay here at the hotel.
I would like to thank you for your extremely kind comments about the hotel and our Houston's Bar & Grill.
However, I would also like to take this opportunity of conveying my personal apologies for the unacceptable experience you encountered at breakfast. Absolutely no excuse can be made for either the reception you received up on your arrival at the restaurant, or for the items on the breakfast buffet not being hot. Your comments will be shared with the Restaurant team.

If I can be of any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me direct at arron.wincott@manorhotelmeriden.co.uk

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good Hotel excellent staff and good food in choice of 2 Restaurants. We used the Hotel before a trip abroad and their transport arrangements were excellent. Car parking good but difficult as there was a wedding at the same time as our stay. We would Certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel. I am delighted to read that you had a great start to your holiday with us and I do hope that continued when arriving at your destination.

When next flying from Birmingham airport, please contact us direct for the best available park and fly rates.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel really nice, reception and restaurant staff lovely, food good but stay spoilt by vehicle being vandalised and the duty manager being indifferent. Room fine, but mattress was awful needs changing. Security around the car park needs seriously looking into and barrier should be working at all times which it was not until after the incident. Such a shame great position for NEC and in front of house staff superb!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Nicola R
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your extremely kind comments about the food and the staff at the hotel.
However, I would also like to take this opportunity of conveying my personal apologies once again for the experience you encountered with us. As a direct result of your feedback, further procedures have been implemented to avoid a future reoccurrence.

If I can be any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me at arron.wincott@manorhotelmeriden.co.uk

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Got woke up by a barking dog in the next room to us at 7.45am. We feel the hotel should pre warn guests if there is a dog in the room next to you.
For us this was very disturbing for our daughter as she is scared of dogs and suffers with anxiety and is autistic so to be woken by this with no warning was very upsetting.
Just feel that in the further this would help other guests.
The rest of our stay was ok staff were happy to help. We would stay again but would check first about pets etc........ All staff where friendly and helpful clean rooms and clean hotel .......... with loads of parking spaces for all to park .....lovely location with some lovely views !!!!!!! Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I have read your comments with interest and must apologise for the disturbance that was endured during your stay.
In the future room allocations will be reviewed more closely to ensure that guests requirements are better met.

Should you wish to stay with us again in the future, then please contact us direct and we can allocate an appropriate room for you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here last week and could not fault anything about this hotel. The staff were all friendly and very efficient on arrival whilst the room we were allocated was very clean and the bed was very comfy. We only stayed one night but would stay here again if we were visiting the area. We had dinner in Houston's bar and grill, the restaurant was very busy which did not reflect in the service as the waitress and bar man were very efficient whilst the food was lovely. Breakfast in the morning was also excellent, it was buffet with the choice being very extensive. Overall we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly your bedroom, the food and service in our Houston’s Bar & Grill and breakfast the following morning.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future, you can also contact our reservations team on 01676 522735.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was flying from Birmingham airport to Amsterdam and had to book in at 7.30am.I was able to drive there the night before, have a good steak in Houston's grill and leave the car at the back of the hotel for a week.The return taxi was quick and on time in both directions.The receptionist even printed out detailed instructions from Google for my return home via M1 as I had forgotten to reverse the instructions I had printed out. Even though I am over 70, I am a seasoned traveller and was most impressed by the efficient, confident and caring service of all the staff.
Bridget L

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel. I am delighted to read that you had a great start to your holiday with us and I do hope that continued when arriving at your holiday destination.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I cannot fault the service! We had a perfect wedding we will never forget! We got married 28th December 2013 in the Aylesford & Guernsey Suites spending the entire day at the hotel. The day started with me waking on the morning of the wedding to a well needed full English breakfast room service finishing in going to bed with a few homemade chocolates.
The day went so smoothly due to the hard work of all of the staff there to help at a moment’s notice. They were so polite and helpful on the day, in no rush to hurry us a long even though there was another wedding at the same time.
The wedding coordinator made the process so easy. I could phone her up with any worries and concerns, last minute guest numbers and changes she could not do enough to cater to our every need. The hotel understand the importance of a marriage making sure our wedding day is a day we will look back on and remember as our perfect day!
The hotel ensures small extras are taken care of for example a free menu tasting to help us decide on the ideal menu for our day. The food was delicious and silver service! I don’t want to write to too much, but want to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped make our wedding a wonderful winter wonderland we will treasure forever!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma R

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for highlighting the staff that helped to make it special. I am so pleased to hear that your wedding was such a success and that we were able to be a part of your special day.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first anniversary. Congratulations once again from the Manor team.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#4 of 28 in Solihull
Ramada Birmingham Solihull

Been to Best Western Plus Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!