Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Nevada, Iowa
“OK visit”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Manor and took advantage of the Motorcycle Museum package. The package met our needs well. Parking at the hotel was very crowded both nights we were there. Interestingly enough, the dining rooms and bars were very empty both nights we were there. After eating there one night we could understand that. The room was very average, and the service staff rather indifferent to our needs. We had to call housekeeping for clean towels even though we left our towels on the floor. They had simply picked them up and hung them back up. They were still damp when we returned to the room.The package was the only reason we stayed here and we would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel; I was sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your visit and that certain aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations. All of your comments have been discussed with the appropriate team members, where by your feedback has been taken on board.
I believe that it is only through customer interaction and feedback that we can truly improve the service and offering that we have available, and therefore your comments are an invaluable element to the continued success of the hotel.

If I can be of any further assistance in the future please contact me direct at arron.wincott@manorhotelmeriden.co.uk

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
london
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having spent 5 nights at this hotel with another 6 rooms booked in my name for an exhibition at the NEC I have consulted with my staff for an overall opinion. The rooms can be miles away from the reception and up 2 sets of stairs. When I reached the top of the second set of stairs I still had miles to go to my room. I had a supreme room (deluxe) all I have to say is that the standard rooms must be very basic although none of my staff complained.
It looks on the web site pictures better than it is the rooms are to be fair quite basic but comfortable with television and tea making facilities. There were 2 weddings going on our first night I have to say the rooms were so far away from reception there was no noise. Breakfast was good with nice staff we didn't eat in during the evening but did spend time at the Bar which is pretty basic, the lovely red headed lady we gave a tip because she was really nice and looked after us.
How would I judge this hotel simply OK! Just watch the Bill at then end as they got ours completely wrong trying to charge £138 for one night which would be crazy at this level of accommodation.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does need a taxi to get to!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel. As the preferred hotel of the NEC I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will think of us again when next visiting the area.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future, you can also contact our reservations team on 01676 522735.

London
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms for a family party nearby. All attention focused on the wedding parties. We came back at 11pm on Sat evening - no parking available, disco pumping. We thought that the disco would stop at midnight so had a night cap... Wrong - at 1:15am the disco eventually stopped and this was then followed by happy revellers slamming doors and running along corridors. My advice: don't go near the place if there's a wedding unless you're invited! The hotel should mention that they're going to prioritise the wedding over other guests. I don't blame the wedding guests but the hotel want their cake and eat it. Felt badly let down and frankly ripped off.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank jamien19
Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback regarding your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel; I was sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your visit and that certain aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations. All of your comments have been discussed with the appropriate team members, where by your feedback has been taken on board.

If I can be of any further assistance then please contact me direct at arron.wincott@manorhotelmeriden.co.uk

England
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Needs air con and much better parking. On arrival the receptionist said you have to pay up front you know as if he thought we would run away, he also said there was a wedding on and we needed to be quiet. Well I am in my room and all I can hear are people screaming outside, obviously they can't offer the same courtesy. Couldn't park anywhere, the room is like an oven and there is a pathetic little fan doing nothing. Have stayed here lots of times this will be my last! At least at a premier inn u get air con

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arkieEngland
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the hotel, I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us and it wasn't what you have come to expect from us, as you have stayed with us on a number of occasions.

I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again, and if I can be of any further assistance please contact me direct at arron.wincott@manorhotelmeriden.co.uk

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We used this hotel to park and stay for our holiday from 18.6.14 - 2.7.14. On our return our car battery was completely flat. My Husband went to see if they had a booster pack to recharge battery. Unfortunately it was broken but one of their lovely staff by the name of Lexy Pinks used her own vehicle and jump leads to restart our car. Taking into account it was quite late at night she waited with us until the battery had re-charged (about 40 minutes). Not only was she very polite she was a lovely young lady and put us at our ease straight away. She chatted to us the whole time and was interested in us and our holiday.

A HUGE THANK YOU I would highly recommend this hotel their staff are lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us after returning from your holiday.

Please do keep an eye out on our website for all of our most upto date room rates, packages and special offers.

Torhout, Belgium
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a very well located hotel for people that want to visit or exhibit at the NEC Birmingham. The rooms are ok but could use some update.

The most negative point for me was the mobile reception and WiFi. Even in the reception area or bar the reception was very very poor. In the room (312) there was no signal at all. if you want to offer a solution towards business people, this is definitely something that needs major improvements.

The breakfast is ok but not very rich in choice. You can make your choice from a set menu but if you choose not to, the buffet is rather poor in choice and quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Manor hotel. As the preferred hotel of the NEC I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be in a perfect location to the NEC. I do hope you will think of us again when next visiting the area. You may also be interested to know that we have now had some improvements made to our mobile phone signal.

Whitburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting some friends who live close by, we had our dog with us and the hotel is fine with that. The room given to us was pleasant, very clean, in good order and as a thoughtful touch they had provided a dog bed and clean blanket !
Thankfully the air conditioning worked, we have stayed in many much more expensive hotels where this wasn't the case !
When we arrived the hotel was hosting two wedding receptions and very busy, they had a member of staff directing car parking and he did a great job of finding spaces and using every possible area to get cars safely parked........a great attitude to help guests and all staff were very customer focused !
Breakfast was tasty and service good.
We will certainly stay here again and have already booked our stay for Crufts 2105 !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Arron W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us, particularly your bedroom and breakfast.

We hope to welcome you all back to the hotel in the near future, please do keep an eye out on our website for all of our most upto date room rates, packages and special offers.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#5 of 117 in Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC

Been to Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!