“So Rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Barn at Berryfields
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Meriden
Cuisines: British, Grill, Gastropub, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An air conditioned/heated first floor restaurant with a lift which provides fresh breakfasts and lunch Monday to Sunday and Dinner Thursday to Saturday and Sunday Roasts. 90% of the produce is available to buy in our large farm shop downstairs. We would love you to pop in for a friendly welcome and to enjoy some freshly made tasty food!
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“So Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was my second visit and it will be the last. Two ladies serving, one in particular incredibly rude with no business acumen whatsoever. Didn't say a word when I ordered just took my money and then walked off, leaving the other lady to give me my change. Not many people in but waited ages to be served. The first lady brought our drinks and spilt a fair amount into the saucer but at least she was ok. Our cake was brought over by the first lady who served me at the counter, plonked it down on the table and walked off. If you're not prepared to be pleasant to people, then don't work with the public! I hate rudeness and she is one of the rudest people I've had serve me anywhere. The cake was one of the poorest I've had out too!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MyHeartBelongs
Hay L, Manager at The Barn at Berryfields, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We are extremely disappointed and sorry to hear of your bad experience in our coffee shop. Our aim is to provide good quality food and service that will encourage our customers to return. We are already award winning producers of fine quality food and would like to think that our customer service lives up to the same.

We have unfortunately recently experienced a couple of staffing issues and I can only assume you would have visited us on one of these occasions. However, we are now in the process of further recruitment to complete our Berryfields team, but in the meantime, would be pleased to welcome you back if you would like to make yourself known to either Fiona or Emma.

• Polish first
Honeybourne, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had lunch here this week and found it to be most enjoyable. Good choice of menu, well cooked local ingredients and friendly staff. I had a ham sandwich with lovely fresh bread, my friend had the bacon and sausage sandwich. The farm shop sold lots of fresh local produce. A hidden gem.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have eaten at the cafe several times and have been a regular customer at the farm shop, as are other members of my family. Unfortunately they do not seem to value their customers and I received a rude and curt response when paying for items that they admitted had been mispriced. Very quick to say "its not the law" to honour the labelled price. No it is not, but it is best practice and often done by professional retailers as a gesture of goodwill, especially when the discrepancy was less than £2.50! On the whole, not an experience that encourages return custom.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank 58nero
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality food cooked well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Visited the cafe ( within the farm shop) for a full breakfast which includes toast & a drink. Quality of the bacon & sausage is great - produced from their own farms & fresh eggs from their own What could be better for food miles. Also included Black Pudding & Beans. Tasted yummy will certainly be back

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“GREAT BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Was recommended this place by friends who we share details of breakfast venues with, what a find!. The food was well prepared and tasted excellent, we will be heading back there on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2013