“Excellent value, a real find!”
Review of Forest Hotel

Forest Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Manchester and had a fantastic stay. The room was clean, smart and we had a good night's sleep. We also dined in the restaurant, after reading a recommendation in the Good Food Guide. It was a fabulous meal - each dish was beautifully presented and tasted delicious, especially the duck pie that I enjoyed. The service delivered by all staff members that we encountered was friendly and professional without being intrusive. We had gone for the bed, breakfast and dinner package which was amazing value and one I would highly recommend, indeed I would highly recommend this venue to anybody, we had such a nice time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhiannon D
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your positive comments. We hope to see you again if you are passing by on the M42

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Organised a birthday celebration in the Olive room and I can't think of a better venue. Smart hotel and immaculate amenities. Had enormous help from the staff, especially Gill who was extremely patient as I made several changes along the way and she advised me on all of the details I was unsure about. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, either before or during the party. I felt valued as a customer and that my party was as important to them, as it was to me. Wouldn't think of organising an event anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WarwickshireLass2014
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We are so glad that we helped to make your family gathering so enjoyable, many thanks for your wonderful review

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a business meeting in the claret room. Very friendly, good service, good food. A smart hotel suitable for weddings and meetings. The room is quite spacious,although no windows it was ideal for a half day meeting. Would use again.

Room Tip: We did not stay the night but the claret room is good for a meeting of up to 10 people
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Giles P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

From booking in to leaving after breakfast 3 days later nothing was too much trouble for hotel staff. Room was great, wedding venue was lovely. As with previous review this is the first I have done but felt that the friendly but professional manner of all staff warranted a mention

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms but ours was spacious, very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen B
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for writing your first review. The whole team here at The Forest enjoyed looking after your family over the weekend and are pleased that you had such a wonderful time.
We get a lot of pleasure catering for weddings here, looking after brides and grooms on such a special day.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am not normally a writer of reviews but wanted to say thanks to the Forest Hotel and it's staff for a wonderful day.
I organised a family get together with many members flying in from different countries. We booked the Claret room for 28 of us on Easter Sunday.
The food (Easter Sunday lunch menu) was absolutely fabulous ! Every single member of our party were extremely impressed with the quality (Thanks, Chef !!), attention to detail and the great service.
As it was quite a complicated affair to coordinate the 28 person get together, I was assisted by Gill who did everything to make sure every detail was taken care of. (Thanks, Gill !!)
The staff on the day were also very pleasant, welcoming and efficient !

The best surprise was when i then received the bill ! I consider the experience vs the price to be an absolute bargain !!

We will definitely be back again in the future !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for writing your review I am so glad that your family get together was such a success

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We booked for a company presentation evening. All the help from the beginning through the service till we left was incredible. The food was amazing, the best steak I have had in a long time.
The team helping on the evening was so accommodating, everyone had a wonderful evening and we will definately be back for our next one in the area... Thank you to all at Forest Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

So glad that you had a successful meeting. The Claret room is an ideal room for smaller meetings, we can seat 22 at one table and up to 40 at round tables just for your future reference. We also have the Olive room for larger meetings too. We do hope to look after you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Only stayed one night as working at the NEC and arrived late and left early so didn't eat here.
Room was very clean and well appointed. Member of staff that greeted me was polite and professional. Maybe not the friendliest but think he was quite busy! Seemed a very nice hotel from my limited perspective.
Certainly handy for the NEC and would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Balme123
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I hope that you can spend a bit more time with us on your next visit and experience the atmosphere in the bar and restaurant which I hope you'll enjoy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Hogarths Hotel
Village Hotel Solihull
#12 of 28 in Solihull
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Forest Hotel? Share your experiences!