“70th Ladies Birthday Lunch”
Review of Hogarths Hotel

Hogarths Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
Solihull, United Kingdom
“70th Ladies Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have never posted on Trip Advisor before as I am always wary that people can put in false posts. However I was so thrilled with the service, ambience, decor, food and friendliness of the staff at Hogarths where I held my birthday lunch for 30 ladies on Feb 7 that I decided I would write a review.

I would recommend anyone to go for a meal or hold an event there. The setting is wonderful, the hotel is so tastefully decorated with delightful private rooms. Steve who was in charge on the day was fabulous - nothing was too much trouble - even when I messed up his place cards. We were all able to choose our own meal and all received the correct meal. The food was delicious and I had so many compliments from guests. Certainly exceeded my expectations and would use again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hogarths, Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to sign up to Tripadvisor just to do a review about Hogarths. All of the staff at Hogarths work tirelessly to ensure that our guests receive the highest levels of service possible and I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time and will pass on your thanks to all staff involved.

Steven Quick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked into a luxury suite at Hogarths as a special night away. The room was of a very high standard, certainly had the wow factor! The room included an infinity bath which was big enough for two, a four poster bed and all furnishing were of an excellent standard. A bottle of fizz and strawberries in the room were a really nice touch and made it worth booking the romance package!
The restaurant offered good food, wine and excellent service. The staff were helpful and prompt at responding to all requests.
A little bit of luxury made for a memorable stay. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gcmrs
Hogarths, Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay at Hogarths. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the December suite and the service was excellent. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Crickhowell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really like this hotel the decor and cleanliness it is always of a high standard however after visiting recently I have been left feeling very disappointed. The room I stayed in was very small. TV wires were hanging out of the wall. A token small tv had been placed on the dressing table as a replacement. Efforts could of been made to tidy wires back rather than leaving them sticking out the wall like an alien. The bathroom was too small. I'm a woman weighing 9 stone and when I bent down to take pyjamas off I burnt my backside on the radiator. There was no water coming from the taps so had to clean teeth in the shower. Although I informed reception of water situation I had an insincere apology. I was charged £155 for this privilege. I know we all have off days but this was bad . As for the restaurant again decor and ambience beautiful food very average. Ordered fish and chips couldn't eat all as very dry. Service in the restaurant and wine excellent though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hogarths, Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay at the hotel. I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you have mentioned regarding the bedroom and restaurant. If you contact me on 01564 779988 that would be great.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Fantastic place, great location and setting, nice grounds, helpful staff. The manager/supervisor on the day was just what you need. I didnt get his name but thanks for your help. The only 2 things that could be improved were that the family rooms (especially the one we had) were quite small. Ive stayed in a lot of hotels and this was by far the smallest family room I had ever seen. Very nicely furnished and decorated though! And, finally, we were told the residence bar would be open 24/7 - it closed at 2am which was a shame as we were at a wedding and its always nice to stay up with friends and family! Anyway, highly reccomend this place. Many thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hogarths, Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay whilst visiting us for a wedding, I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the staff involved.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at Hogarths Hotel for one night for a friends recent wedding. The hotel makes a lovely modern wedding venue with great views over the extensive well kept grounds. The food, both served at the wedding and for breakfast, was delicious. Our room was very comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend as a wedding venue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank P_Rowberry
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2016
Dear Guest

It has been a while and we wanted to get in touch, and thank you for your past reviews on trip advisor, we have been working hard since your last visit to make the hotel even better.

If you have not been to Hogarths since your last visit, why not visit Hogarths Solihull or Stone Manor and see the changes we have made. Two great hotels with one great name, we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Prior to the date an event managers was available to discuss in detail all arrangements. The private room , overlooking the garden, with its own bar, was ideal for a three-course lunch for some 35 family members and guests, covering four generations. There was an excellent menu to choose from and the staff were assiduous in ensuring that all guests' requirements were filled. Following lunch, while some of the guests played musical instruments to entertain us, there was an ample supply of tea and coffee. I should give the highest recommendation, unreservedly, for every aspect of the afternoon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hogarths, Owner at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2016

solihull
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We would like to thank Hogarths for their excellent care and attention to detail at our recent family event. A beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings with staff who are professional, friendly and polite. I would not hesitate to recommend. Thanks to Sarah for helping us organise the afternoon and a very special thanks to Steve and Jonathan who we can't praise enough.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Team Hogarths
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#5 of 118 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,429 reviews

Been to Hogarths Hotel? Share your experiences!