“Brilliant 50th Birthday dinner”
Review of Hogarths Hotel

Hogarths Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
North Yorkshire
“Brilliant 50th Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent an amazing evening at Hogarths for my 50th. Fantastic luxurious bedrooms, fabulous food and a nice atmosphere with excellent service. We had dinner in a private room and the service was second to none there were 12 of us and there were no complaints at all !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JaneNorthallerton
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review, I am delighted you had such a great time celebrating your special birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Steven Quick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Amazing views and gardens, room was beautifully furnished and very modern! I went on a sunny day and my one and only complaint is that there was not enough seating outside but this was only because there seemed to be plenty of events on and did not effect my stay in any way really! Breakfast was cooked beautifully and plenty of juice choices! Only stayed for one night but would stay again in an heartbeat!

P.s the shower is amazing!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kirstynichols
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay at Hogarths. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed 1 night for a family wedding. Room a bit tired but nicely decorated but really nice and airy. Over complicated shower / jacuzzi. No fridge!
Didn't sample individual dining but mass catered wedding meal and breakfast excellent. Poor choice of beer, but then I like proper beer. It was hot so lager was acceptable in this case. Staff very helpful throughout. Super gardens.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay whilst visiting us for a wedding, I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the staff involved.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went for lunch on Easter Sunday and were accompanied by our daughter, her husband and their three children (all under 5). Hogarth's is where we held their wedding reception 6 years ago.
On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and quickly seated at our table where the high chair we had ordered was already waiting.
The menu is fixed price (£29.95) for 3 courses with 4 or 5 choices at each stage.For the children the price is £12.95 for two courses but there are child friendly alternatives available as well. The price is fine providing everyone wants every course.
The food was beautifully presented. I enjoyed the terrine followed by roast beef with all the trimmings and was spoiled for choice on the desserts so shared two between two of us.
Service was friendly and efficient throughout.
Overall this was an enjoyable occasion.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit for Easter Sunday, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your lunch and I will ensure our Head Chef reads your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future celebrations.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We celebrated our daughter's wedding here. What a wonderful setting, beautiful grounds and the wedding island is so special. The staff were all very friendly and did everything they could to make the day run smoothly. The food was first class (scrambled egg at breakfast is the best I have ever tasted), very helpful staff at breakfast as I can't eat wheat so they offered special bread for me. The hotel and grounds are beautifully kept and everywhere was spotless, the rooms are all decorated in different themes, all of which are lovely. Can not fault anything. Would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you Hogarths for making our daughter's wedding a dream come true

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Thank you so much for your feedback following your daughter’s wedding, I will ensure that all of the staff who were involved on the day read your lovely comments. I would like to wish the happy couple many happy years together.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were delighted with the room for our sales meeting – it suited our purposes admirably and was one of the nicest meeting rooms we have had. Your staff were very friendly and helpful and the inclusive lunch was excellent - well beyond expectation. The cost was very reasonable and with the added bonus of the central location, it was the perfect venue for our meeting.

We will definitely make this our regular venue for all our UK Sales Meetings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hogarths, Owner at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent meeting, I am delighted to hear your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future whether it’s for business or leisure!

Birmingham
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We recently attended an event at the hotel. From the time we arrived we were made to feel welcome and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is nicely decorated and tastefully done. The service was outstanding and the food was first rate. Very nicely presented and beautifully tasteful. The portions were in keeping with what you would expect from a hotel of this standing. Too much would spoil the variety of dishes on offer and the prices were surprisingly reasonable given the environment and quality of service. The wine selection and prices too were not unreasonable although I did expect slightly more classic choices. Overall for a first visit, it left me wanting to return again and sample some of the other well thought out and varied events. Note to my children Father's Day is approaching and I have found somewhere I would like to spend it. Living locally I am unlikely to stay over unless for a very special occasion but would have no hesitation in recommending it to my friends.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a secluded area of countryside so all the rooms would offer privacy as well and a re...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for a lovely review, I am delighted you had such a great time whilst attending an event. Father’s Day is popular so I would tell your children to get the table booked!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel 15th June.

Steven Quick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#5 of 118 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,431 reviews

Been to Hogarths Hotel? Share your experiences!