Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Friendly and compitent

Interesting house, moat and rooms. Guides helpful. Gardens and greenhouses were amazing. Would... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
cdmUK
UK
I would love to live here

One of the nicest National Trust houses I have ever seen. Lovely place, wonderfully helpful staff... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2021
1930jr
Guildford, United Kingdom

1,426 results
All reviews moated manor house national trust vegetable garden second hand bookshop nearby packwood house nt properties walled garden room guides fascinating house interesting history interesting property estate walk timed tickets the kitchen gardens are lovely stately home lovely visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We decided after staying in dorset for a few days that we needed a break travelling back up to lancashire. We noticed that Baddesley Clinton was around halfway and thought that should be OK.
Well what a surprise when we got there, the place is absolutely stunning. A moated house steeped in history and very well presented throughout. From the moment you step through the door you are transported back in time.
The hidden priest holes the artifacts and the history is never to be forgotten. The NT volunteers always ready to impart their knowledge with a smile. Personally I felt that I could live in that house it had such a feel good factor about it.
The gardens are not to be missed either well maintained and on a nice day it was a really pleasant walk round before enjoying a light lunch in the well appointed cafe. This property was the highlight of our journey home and will definitely revisit on a future journey down south. Very highly recommended !

1  Thank 421allanw
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This is somewhere I'd wanted to visit for many years, primarily to see the St.Nicolas Owen priest holes, and I was not disappointed in the slightest.

The whole estate is an absolute delight!

We were lucky enough to see the mother Ducks and ducklings in the yard whilst enjoying a delicious cup of tea and a cake with the little and not so little ducks quacking around our feet. The house itself is a national treasure and a fascinating piece of history. The staff were excellent and the volunteers really helpful.

I won't say too much about what's inside so I don't spoil the surprise but suffice to say, I can't wait to go back again for another explore!

Finally we were given the best show ever in the gatehouse with a swift (or swallow) nest with chicks and their parents in the roof of the building. Seeing them being feed whilst we and a number of others watched leant an extra special magic to this already unique place.

It really is a beautiful, heartwarming and interesting place to go.

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank KieranS_13
Reviewed 2 September 2016

What a beautiful place, lots of information,. child friendly. If you don't want to visit the house lots of open space on your doorstep. Great restaurants, if an NT member free entrance.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We took my partners mom; she, as we did loved Baddesley.
So much history and the volunteers are so full of knowledge and helpful.
Can't wait to go back at Xmas

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Wonderful house - very picturesque and a brilliant house representing Tudor times. Interesting history of the Reformation. Flowers in the garden were wonderful. Good sunny day and Book Fair. Could have stopped longer than we did. Excellent café.